New issue with CB field Query Drop down and CB Core field ajax Integration

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328892 by activha

It might actually be better to just add a Custom HTML field below your query select field then use CB Conditional with a Query condition to check if they've joined any events

Yes that's a possibility but I thought that displaying an empty field with an explanation about how to use it was better.
After all, CB itself offers the ability to display or not empty fields in its main settings, so why not query fields also ?

How could I add a custom HTML field below the query one and only display it during edition of the first query field and only if it's empty ? either by ajax or by profile edition ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328896 by krileon
Where were you displaying this information to begin with? In the layout? So they'd see an empty select input with a description below it? That just feels like bad UX to display the empty select. The only way I can see to workaround this is under the Global tab of your query select add a custom blank value. Example as follows.

Value: (leave empty)
Label: - Select Event -

How could I add a custom HTML field below the query one and only display it during edition of the first query field and only if it's empty ? either by ajax or by profile edition ?

Create a Custom HTML field then add a Query condition for it to check if they'd have any options available so that the Custom HTML field only displays if there are no options. Next in the ajax settings of the query select field add your Custom HTML field to the "Additional Fields" parameter then set "Additional Field Titles" to "1 Line without Title".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328899 by activha

The only way I can see to workaround this ....

Exactly what I needed and I did not even think at it :-)

You're right for the UX but we have cbif statements taking care of the guidances.

Create a Custom HTML field then add a Query condition

You think it's better to have another custom HTML field or to leave it to CBIF in the query field description ?

2 years 1 month ago #328900 by krileon

You think it's better to have another custom HTML field or to leave it to CBIF in the query field description ?

Personally I think it's better UX to have it as a separate descriptive field, but it's entirely up to you. You'll just need to be sure the select can't be truly empty if you want it always visible if you still want to use your current usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn