[SOLVED] 500 error from Stripe Webhook Events

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 4 weeks ago #328953 by dhphllps
CBSubs plugin v. 4.5.3+build.2022.03.17.14.29.45.34b26a0d9
CB version v. 2.7.2+build.2022.03.22.14.03.47.175c40bd4
PHP 7.4.28
Joomla! 3.10.6
Stripe API version 2020-08-27

I got this in an email from Stripe:

"We’re still having trouble sending requests in live mode to a webhook endpoint associated with your <my business> account.

The URL of the failing webhook endpoint is: https://<my domain>/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbpaidsubscriptions&cbpgacctno=3&do=gw&result=notify&format=raw
70 requests returned HTTP 500, indicating a server error on your end."

I first got this message first a few days ago and made sure that everything was up to date, but got this follow up message from Stripe today. I read in another Stripe thread your suggestion about removing the webhook signing secret, but a mismatch there wouldn't cause a 500 error, would it? I should add that payments and payouts continue to work correctly, so maybe I shouldn't be concerned? Any suggestions welcome :-)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328954 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic 500 error from Stripe Webhook Events
We don't accept all the Webhooks. One's we don't accept will be rejected, but they should be rejected with a 404 error. What is the event? It should say within Stripe > Developers > Webhooks > YOUR_URL at the bottom what event failed specifically otherwise should be able to check in Stripe > Developers > Events (e.g. payment_intent.succeeded).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #328955 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic 500 error from Stripe Webhook Events
These are the failures so far today:

account.updated 11:27:39 AM
payment_intent.succeeded 8:48:30 AM
payment_method.attached 8:10:15 AM
charge.succeeded 8:01:37 AM
payment_intent.created 6:19:45 AM
payment_intent.succeeded 4:25:47 AM
charge.succeeded 4:11:57 AM
customer.updated 2:41:07 AM
payment_intent.created 2:07:54 AM

There were no errors until March 18. I have Stripe set to report all events, so maybe I should just specify the ones that CBSubs handles. Can you list those?

Thanks!

2 years 1 month ago #328956 by krileon
All of them failing suggests an error is happening on your site. Are there any errors logged in CBSubs > History Log? Something is critically failing on your site. If no errors there please check your server error log for any errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328957 by dhphllps
Replied by dhphllps on topic 500 error from Stripe Webhook Events
Weird - no errors shown in either the CBSubs history log or the server error log. And subscriptions are getting renewed correctly.

2 years 4 weeks ago #328962 by krileon
Not sure what to suggest then as there's no errors for me to investigate. Stripe seams to be working fine in my tests. Was this for only 1 customer? Looks like it was based off the chain of failed webhooks. Are you getting anymore failed webhooks or was that it?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.771 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn