Page not found on password recovery

1 year 11 months ago #329205 by pastoweb
Page not found on password recovery was created by pastoweb
Hi, when I try to recover a user password from the website I'm getting a page not found error on www.mysite/cb-profile/sendnewpass.html
I'm using CB 2.6.4+build.2022.01.04.22.00.38.045bcf7e0 on joomla 3.10.8
Any help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #329207 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Page not found on password recovery
Any errors with debug mode and maximum error reporting enabled in Joomla global configuration? Does it work fine if you disable Joomla SEF URLs? Do you have a Joomla menu item to CBs forgot login page? If not please create one and retry to see if issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329636 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Page not found on password recovery
Hi, the issue persists after upgrading to latest version, and even disabling SEF.
I have a menu link to psw recovery page

The "page not found" error appears when the user fills the user and email fields and clicks "send": the system goes to "www.formalms.org/cb-profile/sendnewpass.html" and there is the error page

1 year 9 months ago #329640 by krileon
Strange, please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago #329646 by pastoweb
Replied by pastoweb on topic Page not found on password recovery
Ok I sent the credentials, thanks!

1 year 9 months ago #329647 by krileon
It's failing due to the following error.

Object of class CB\Database\Table\UserTable could not be converted to string in JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:254

Which is call stack traced as follows.

#	Function	Location
1	()	JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver/mysqli.php:254
2	JDatabaseDriverMysqli->escape()	JROOT/libraries/joomla/database/driver.php:1871
3	JDatabaseDriver->quote()	JROOT/libraries/src/User/UserHelper.php:294
4	Joomla\CMS\User\UserHelper::getUserId()	JROOT/libraries/src/User/UserWrapper.php:134
5	Joomla\CMS\User\UserWrapper->getUserId()	JROOT/libraries/src/User/User.php:280
6	Joomla\CMS\User\User::getInstance()	JROOT/libraries/src/Factory.php:266
7	Joomla\CMS\Factory::getUser()	JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_p8pbb/cb.p8pbb.php:875
8	p8pbbCBTab->newPassword()	JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:880
9	cbPluginHandler->call()	JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:1293
10	cbPluginHandler->trigger()	JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:895
11	sendNewPass()	JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.php:123
12	require_once()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
13	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
14	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:194
15	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:233
16	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:225
17	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/index.php:49

It's specifically caused by the following.

7	Joomla\CMS\Factory::getUser()	JROOT/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_p8pbb/cb.p8pbb.php:875
8	p8pbbCBTab->newPassword()	JROOT/libraries/CBLib/CB/Legacy/cbPluginHandler.php:880

It's coming from your 3rd party CB plugin p8pbb (plug_p8pbb). Unpublishing it fixes the issue. Suggest contacting the developer of that plugin and having them fix it if you need that.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn