"Multiple subscriptions per user" setting

1 year 9 months ago #329653 by 3by400Inc
The tooltip for the "Multiple subscriptions per user" setting indicates that it controls whether a user can have more than one "active" subscription to the plan at a time, which we don't want multiple active subscriptions to the same plan.

However, that setting is preventing a user from having a new active subscription to a plan because the user has an existing expired subscription to that plan.

How do we allow a user to have a new active subscription while an expired subscription exists?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #329660 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Multiple subscriptions per user" setting

How do we allow a user to have a new active subscription while an expired subscription exists?

They should just be renewing their subscription in that case. Sounds like you might have disabled renewals under the Pricing tab?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #329667 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic "Multiple subscriptions per user" setting
Well, we are creating subscriptions using auto-actions. The users are not subscribing or renewing themselves. Our thought was that the auto-action should be creating a new subscription if the client did not have an existing "Active" subscription, since the "Multiple subscriptions per user" setting appeared to only apply to active subscriptions.

But, I guess even if a subscription is expired it must be renewed when "Multiple subscriptions per user" is set to "Only one subscription at a time".

1 year 9 months ago #329670 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic "Multiple subscriptions per user" setting
Toggle "Renew" to "Yes" in your auto action and it should renew it if it already exists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn