Understanding Notifications

1 year 10 months ago #329672 by PaceOnline
Understanding Notifications was created by PaceOnline
Hi guys we are testing our notifications integration and we find that if we are conducting the same test e.g. testing an auto action that works onAfterCreateStreamActivity after a few tests its simply stops doing anything. So we were hoping for clarification on how the notifications work if there are limits etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 10 months ago #329678 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Understanding Notifications
There are no rate limits in any of our products. Are you sending emails? If so then your hosts email server would be where I'd look if emails stopped sending. If it's on-site notification contained within CB Activity please provide a screenshot of the Action tab for your notification auto action or check parameters like Load By and Group By which is meant to prevent duplicate notifications as well as group similar notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329683 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Understanding Notifications
Okay the issue is not notifications its CB Auto Actions it seems for some reason notification related actions have stopped being fired. We are using PHP 7.4 and Joomla 3.10.9
Attachments:

1 year 10 months ago #329686 by krileon
By notification actions do you mean your Request actions? Please be sure your install is completely up to date with latest build releases. CB upgraded Guzzle to version 7. A compatibility fix is implemented in CB Auto Actions to support it. If things aren't up to date those Request actions might be erroring. To check for errors under the Parameters tab of your auto action enable Debug and test your auto action. It should output to Joomla message queue if it failed and why.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 10 months ago #329698 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Understanding Notifications
I have managed to get the auto action debug this is the result: :: Action 168 :: Request failed. Error: Server error: `POST us-central1-pivotal-development-e0d3c.cloudfunctions.net/app/notify/973` resulted in a `500 Internal Server Error` response: Error: could not handle the request

:: Action 164 :: Request failed. Error: Server error: `POST us-central1-pivotal-development-e0d3c.cloudfunctions.net/app/notify/973` resulted in a `500 Internal Server Error` response: 500 Server Error (truncated...)

1 year 10 months ago #329700 by krileon
The server you're sending a POST to responded with a 500 error response. Are you sure the URL and the data you're sending it is correct? The Request action will consider the request failed if it's anything other than a 200 success response code.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn