User Documents

1 year 8 months ago #329858 by Stanby
User Documents was created by Stanby
Hi, a quick two-part question on creating docs for the user to download.

I want to take some of the details from their registration form and create a downloadable document using auto-action. From the user's point of view, I'd like to have a doc image with two buttons below one that will show the document and one to print the document should they wish.

Part 1. Could anyone recommend the best way to create the document from an HTML template? So perhaps a javascript library that works well with Joomla and Community Builder or a better way if I'm barking up the wrong tree, I don't want someone to do the work for me just point me in the right direction. I also need to create a unique client code for each doc.

Part 2. Do I pair the auto action with a field in a tab? Obviously, the client needs to be able to see and have access to it when they're logged in.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #329863 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Documents
Easiest way to do that is to just create your documentation as a Joomla article. You can substitute in their profile data using substitutions directly in the article using CB Content Bot. By default the substitutions will be from that of the viewing user so it'll always be personalized to whomever is viewing the article. Next you can use Joomla's built in article print features. As for downloading it there's probably a 3rd party plugin available to generate a PDF from an article that'd make that possible otherwise they can save as PDF in their print options (this is standard on all browsers at this point).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #329867 by Stanby
Replied by Stanby on topic User Documents
Thanks, I knew Joomla used to provide the option of downloading articles as PDF but I thought they had removed that due to duplicate content issues. Can I use the built-in invoice number generator for their unique ID or should I create that by alternative means?

Sorry, I know your time is precious, I've been out of the game way too long.

1 year 8 months ago #329870 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User Documents
What is the unique id meant to accomplish exactly? Should this be uniquely generated each time they view the article? If it's just meant to be unique to them I'd just use their user id which can identify them in your system. You can substitute it in with [user_id] otherwise you'd need to look into using something like CB Code Field and writing the necessary PHP in a code field for generating a unique id.

Core Joomla doesn't have an article to PDF feature, but there's surely an extension available that can provide that. Suggest checking the JED below.

extensions.joomla.org/instant-search/?jed_live%5Bquery%5D=pdf

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #329872 by Stanby
Replied by Stanby on topic User Documents
It's to create a policy number.

Thanks, I have enough information to go ahead.

Very much appreciated and enjoy your weekend.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.239 seconds