Problem when up-loading fields

1 year 8 months ago #330108 by sereniteam
Problem when up-loading fields was created by sereniteam
I try to redevelop my operating site on a new webhoster in order to implement a new template that is becoming critic with Joomla 4.1.

So I set a new site and a new joomla 4 on the following link :https://ctasante.com/www/index.php

I set a new Community builder on it and I downloaded a CSV field from my operating site. I first downloaded a csv field for TAB and than for Fields

It becomes a bit missy ! Major number of field are there but then some are missing. When I try to set them again or to recreate them system bloc and pretend that theses fields name exist. When looking at the field list none of them appears neither by using the reseach engin.

Do you have any clue ?

best regards

vincent

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330111 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Problem when up-loading fields
You exported what exactly? Your users or your fields? Exporting users and importing them doesn't create fields. It just populates their profile data for any fields that are available. Moving data is tricky. Fields for example are tied to their plugins so if their respective plugin isn't installed then the fields are now orphaned.

When needing to move an entire install of data like that it's best to move it using phpmyadmin and directly export the database tables. Our import/export functionality is not meant to be used as a means of moving an entire site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330113 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Problem when up-loading fields
Do you mean that I should download all _comprofiler_ tables and then upload them with the new Prefix on the new database

SereniTeam

1 year 8 months ago #330114 by krileon
That tends to be the best approach, yes. You'll want to migrate tables beginning with the following.

_cbsubs
_comprofiler
_groupjive

That will cover all our products. It gets complicated when it comes to migrating Joomla users though. However, it's straight forward if you're migrating from Joomla 3.10 or Joomla 4 to a new Joomla 4. You'd just need to migrate the following to move your users as well.

_users
_user_usergroup_map

If you've setup custom ACL you'll probably want to migrate the following as well.

_viewlevels
_usergroups

Optionally you can migrate all of CB, empty _comprofiler, then use our export/import feature for just users to try and let CB deal with creating the users.

Be sure to make backups where necessary as full data migrations like this can be tricky.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330116 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic Problem when up-loading fields
is that better to export all tables in one export or do it one by one ? I already set up all components on a new joomla 4.1

But I just like to upload only few users ( 4 or 5 over 2500 on our running website)

Just to test all options

What is your recommandation

SereniTeam

1 year 8 months ago #330124 by krileon
You're just needing to import 4 or 5 users and not move your entire sites data? In that case you should be able to just export those 4 or 5 users from CB > User Management. Please describe exactly what you're trying to do as it's becoming unclear what your issue is.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn