Price for initial period issue

1 year 9 months ago #330121 by galanopd
Price for initial period issue was created by galanopd
Setting "Is the first amount and period different"
to
"Different first period and price for Registration only"
will still bring up
"one year for -> then" in upgrade.

Since it is explicitly stated that the above setting applies only to Registration, I believe it shouldn't appear in the upgrade plan proccess.
When upgrade is clicked, the first period amount is not calculated in price, so in practice it is inactive but very confusing for the user who would expect the price shown on plan for the first period.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #330126 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Price for initial period issue
Did you also be sure to set "Is the first amount and period different" correctly for the plan prices and not just globally for the plan under the Pricing tab? Plan prices can override that functionality as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330132 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Price for initial period issue
Case 1

Original price = 100 / yes first period = 30 (set to Registration only)
Plan option 6m = 50 / no first period
Plan option 3m = 25 / no first period

Outcome = first period value (30) appears in upgrade ("one year for -> then")

Case 2

Original price = 100 / yes first period = 30 (set to Registration only)
Plan option 6m = 50 / yes first period = 10 (set to Registration only)
Plan option 3m = 25 / yes first period = 5 (set to Registration only)

Outcome = first period value appears in all price options in upgrade ("one year for -> then")

Doesn't make any difference. First option does appear in upgrade

1 year 8 months ago #330149 by krileon
Ok, looks like a potential override problem but it might be entirely cosmetic. Does it still show when actually in the basket after selecting an option that has no first period price?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330151 by galanopd
Replied by galanopd on topic Price for initial period issue

Does it still show when actually in the basket after selecting an option that has no first period price?

I have mentioned this above "...When upgrade is clicked, the first period amount is not calculated in price, so in practice it is inactive but very confusing for the user who would expect the price shown on plan for the first period." ( price-for-initial-period-issue#330121 )

EDIT: Reading again your question,
when in basket:
1. Original price doesn't show first period, just the original price since "Registration only" is set to original price first period. ( it works ok)
2. Price options doesn't show first period just whatever price set to 6m, 3m, etc. since "Registration only" is set to price options. ( it works ok)

when in upgrade (before basket):
1. Original price shows first period although original price has first period but is set to "Registration only". (doesn't work properly here)
2. Price options show first period although prices have first period but is set to "Registation only". (doesn't work properly here)

So what actually happens is that the user expects different price for the initial period since this is what the plan shows although it shouldn't. I suppose it is an

"...override problem..."

as you mention but IMHO a bit serious one as a user could perceive it as a misleading procedure especially because money is involved.

1 year 8 months ago #330155 by krileon
Ok, was able to confirm where the issue was coming from and apply a fix.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8997

Once merged a new release will be available with this fixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn