Updating all groups with a batch.

1 year 8 months ago #330355 by PaceOnline
Updating all groups with a batch. was created by PaceOnline
We would like to create a batch auto action that updates all groups in groupjive with their current details. We created a similar auto action for users by adding 1 to hits for all users. How can we do this for groups?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330356 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Updating all groups with a batch.
Batch Actions process users through actions. There's no functionality to process groups through actions. What exactly are you needing to update? It might be best to just directly do that against the database either in a Query action or in phpmyadmin directly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330360 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Updating all groups with a batch.
Basically we want to fire a group updated event so that the auto action that syncs groups with Firebase goes off for each and every group. This will bring our Firebase data up to date.

1 year 8 months ago #330362 by krileon
You want to send data to Firebase about every group when a single group is updated? I don't recommend doing that. Instead I suggest sending data about the group that was updated only, which is easily done with existing GJ triggers. Aside from that what you're asking for does not exist so you will have to code that yourself.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 8 months ago #330368 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Updating all groups with a batch.
We have an update for each group that works well on GroupJive triggers, the problem is that we would have to update each and every group that was created before the auto action 1 at a time so that the group is in Firebase. i.e. right now all the groups in Firebase are groups that were sent to Firebase by the auto action so the 500 + groups that predate the auto action need to be sent to Firebase. Hence the request for a batch function so we can fire an onAfterGroupUpdate event and sync all the groups so they are available in the app.

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #330373 by krileon
We have no such batch function. There are no plans for such functionality at this time. You'd need to implement that yourself. I suppose you could also use the batch tools in CB GroupJive > Groups, but you'll have to apply some sort of change otherwise the tool won't loop through the groups storage behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn