Can't import users

1 year 8 months ago #330458 by PaceOnline
Can't import users was created by PaceOnline
Hi,

I keep geting "1 row failed to import. Cannot import row 1 because: A password must be a string with at least 6 characters." when importing users. please note i've also tried adding the password column on the csv file. 
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 8 months ago #330462 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't import users
Joomla 3? Joomla 4? Typically you should exclude the password column entirely and it will auto generate passwords for you otherwise you need to provide valid plaintext passwords for it to encrypt.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaceOnline

10 months 2 weeks ago #334160 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Can't import users
I'm helping a few clients transition from WordPress to Joomla. I painstakingly exported the records from tables that make up the user data (non core fields are in the tables of plugins) and exported the the CSV from Community Builder users table (which only has one record - mine) so that I could copy the fields to it and import it.

Hashed passwords are included in my WP export, but since the password column is not included in the export, how can I preserve the user's passwords when I launch their Joomla site?

I thought I had done something like this before - adding users from a client spreadsheet (in that case, I created temporary passwords for them), but the field was there to be imported.

Should I be looking to import to the Joomla Users table instead, then importing the users to "append" with the Community Builder fields?

Thank you,
Ernie

10 months 2 weeks ago #334162 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Can't import users

Hashed passwords are included in my WP export, but since the password column is not included in the export, how can I preserve the user's passwords when I launch their Joomla site?

You probably can't. Joomla and WordPress likely have different hashing methods for the passwords so they'd never validate. You can leave out the password on import and it will generate a new one for them. You can import passwords though, but they'd need to be in plaintext and CB will hash them on import.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.731 seconds