Joomla 4 create articles menu and CB Blogs - CB Articles

1 year 3 months ago #332372 by activha
Hi,

With the new J4 and the workflow authorized for articles, could you advise on the best process to use.

I mean between CB Blogs, CB articles and J4 articles menu edition ?

In the ideal we'd like to have the image edition tab of J4 content but also have a post in the flow when a new article is published.

Is it best to use J4 articles menu but in this case the article does not appear in the activity flow, or to use CB Blogs or CB Articles, but in this case there is no access to the image or publication tab ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 3 months ago #332375 by krileon
CB Articles has no management. It just displays articles that are published and accessible to the viewing user that are owned by the profile owner. CB Blogs creates articles outside the flow of Joomla so you won't be able to utilize those features. To have a CB Blogs that utilizes Joomla article create you'd probably need to modify CB Blogs and change the button so it sends users to Joomla article create then setup permissions in Joomla properly so Registered users can only submit articles to the blog categories.

There aren't really any plans for CB Blogs to have workflows or fully integrate Joomla article features. It's meant to be a simple straight forward user blog. If you need full Joomla articles features including workflows then suggest just using Joomla article create page and their articles will be displayed by CB Articles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 3 months ago #332376 by activha
Ok
Will J4 integrate with CB activities to display blogs in new posts ?

1 year 3 months ago #332382 by krileon
CB Articles simply displays Joomla articles that the profile owner is the author of. It doesn't do anything beyond that. It does not matter where the article was created as it directly queries the Joomla _content table. This works on J3 and J4.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335749 by activha
I come back to this old post but we have been using CB Articles since then and it's fine except that unpublished articles should also be displayed on the user tab.

Using standard joomla menu item for adding and editing is ok but it's difficult for authors to retrieve the unpublished items.

Could you add this feature in the plugin ?

5 months 3 weeks ago #335750 by krileon
Have added a feature ticket to consider it for a future release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9270

Ideally now that Joomla has better APIs for accessing core components we'll be able to just output a Joomla article list or blog list view and let Joomla handle it entirely.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn