Paypal gateway not mentioned anymore in basket after upgrade to J4

1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #333223 by hansvanveer
Hi team,I updated last week finally our society website from J3.10.11 to the versions J4.2.8 running on a php 8.1.1 configuration server side, with CB 2.8.0 build 2023.02.27 and CB Subs 4.6.1 build 2023.03.08. 

All membership renewals payed before the update performed on09 March were handled through a offline gateway (wire transfer) or via the classic paypal gateway. The site is setup that only paying members can enter the CB functionalities for the parent membership.

Baskets, especially the Paypal ones, were treated perfectly well, with the completion of registration details, automated transfer to the paypal merchant website when clicking the paypal button, and after successful completion, auto feedback through IPN and as such automatic promotion to the designated membership category. Best example of the working configuration just before the update is in the correct handled request of my personal membership. Here the paypal gateway is correctly mentioned .(pic1)  

However, after the need for finding a decent working template, updating members are alerting me that they payed but not granted the access. Selecting the offline bank transfer gateway works still perfectly well with creation of the correct gateway basket accordingly, even when the payment has not been executed . (pic2)  

It seems that since the upgrade of last week, no paypal gateway is registered in the basket although the member is transferred correctly to the Paypal website. (pic3)  

As such, an IPN can get through but cannot land in the basket despite the efforts from the paypal merchant platform where IPN’s are now queued in the notifications tab of CB subs (pic4). 

So, the payment is not registered and a member is not granted access. I did not change anything at the level of the gateways, and check my setting with the Paypal merchant platform three times and details were all correct. I also overrided once again the IPN password etc but it seems that communication from our website to the Paypal merchant and back platform is running, though without the creation of the gateway in the basket. 

What am I missing?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 1 month ago #333227 by krileon
Please PM backend super user login credentials (see link in signature) and will take a look at the logs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 1 month ago #333228 by krileon
0 cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate (see https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/libcurl-errors.html) for https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr
Your server was not setup correctly when you moved to PHP 8. cURL has an invalid SSL certificate so all outbound HTTP calls are failing. The result is CBSubs can't verify the IPN data so it can't process the payment. Once your server configuration is fixed the issue will resolve.

Since you aren't using recurring payments you can quickly fix this for users that have paid by manually verifying within your PayPal account then within CBSubs > Baskets click the Pay button to mark the basket paid and activate their subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.241 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn