Mail users if...

11 months 2 weeks ago #333795 by liaskas
Mail users if... was created by liaskas
Hello
On our site we have users that have not completed their profile fields and some profiles are incomplete.

So we want to notify them 3 times that they have to complete their profile before it is deleted.

1. Mail: 1 hour after registration, if fields A, B, C are empty in their profile.
Text: Thank you for your registration. Please complete your profile...

2. Mail: 5 days after registration, if fields A, B, C are empty in their profile.
Text: 5 days have passed since registration but some required fields are still empty in your profile. Please complete your profile to avoid deactivation.

3. Mail: 9 days after registration, if fields A, B, C are empty in their profile.
Text: 9 days have passed since registration but some required fields are still empty in your profile. Your profile will be deactivated on the 10th day if you do not complete your profile.

We tested cbsubs mailer but there is no option to condition against registration date and the empty profile fields at the same time.

So i guess the available option is auto actions that can support multiple conditions.

Is it possible?

Can you please suggest how to condition against the registration date value, + 1 hour , + 5 days , + 9 days?

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago - 11 months 2 weeks ago #333797 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Mail users if...
CBSubs Mailer can absolutely do that. Use the following settings.

Basic
Relative to this date: Member's Sign-up Registration Date
Conditions
First condition: This condition
Date A, Field A or Value A: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value A: [cb:if field_a="" and field_b="" and field_c=""]EMPTY[/cb:if]
Date B, Field B or Value B: Constant Value or String (CB substitutions can be used)
Value B: EMPTY
Condition 1 (> for Dates): A = B (Value A is equal to Value B )

Replace field_a, field_b, and field_c with the names of those fields. That'll let you send an email relative to registration date conditioned against 3 fields being empty. As for your 3 different time frames it'd just be 3 different mailers with their "Automatically send message starting at" and "But do not send message if it's later than" parameters adjusted accordingly. Probably something like the below

Mailer 1
Automatically send message starting at: 1 hour after
But do not send message if it's later than: 5 days after
Maximum messages per customer (0=unlimited): 1

Mailer 2
Automatically send message starting at: 5 days after
But do not send message if it's later than: 9 days after

Mailer 3
Automatically send message starting at: 9 days after

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: liaskas

11 months 1 week ago #333815 by liaskas
Replied by liaskas on topic Mail users if...
Thank you Krileon... worked pretty fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds