CB register autoaction

11 months 2 weeks ago #333816 by activha
CB register autoaction was created by activha
Hi

I have this autoaction working fine but it seems that setting the accepted terms to 1 does not avoid the new user to have to accept again ?

My autoactions set firstname, lastname, username, password, acceptedterms , then another one subscribes the new user to our first free plan.

Everything is working fine except that when the new user logs in, he has to accept again and also to fill all fields that should be hidden by the subscribed plan.

Any idea of what I could have missed ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333818 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB register autoaction

I have this autoaction working fine but it seems that setting the accepted terms to 1 does not avoid the new user to have to accept again ?

Do you have require consent enabled in CBs system plugin? If so then you can't accept the terms on their behalf.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333822 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB register autoaction
OK that fixed it
But in our my external form registration, there is a check to accept terms so that's why I wanted to set this to 1 and avoid them having to reaccept again.

That would be fine to allow this and allow to input a date also for accepted terms

11 months 2 weeks ago #333823 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB register autoaction
I have no way of knowing if the consent came from someone's external form in CB Auto Actions. It is not context aware and accepting consent on a users behalf is against a lot of privacy laws. Will review allowing for this in a future release, but with a massive warning the consent must come from direct user input. For now best I can suggest is maybe act on onAfterUserRegistration and set the consent date yourself.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9172

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 weeks ago #333826 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB register autoaction
I understand but am not accepting consent on a user's behalf.

I have set the accept check box and the terms on an outside form and the user has to expressly agree before registration.
So it's just putting the form outside in fact, and I need some kind of API to let CB know that the user has accepted and let him access without asking again.

Everything else is working fine :-)
I have autoactions to set him to a free plan and another one to link him to the other website owner

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn