Editing data directly from userlists

11 months 4 days ago #333912 by akasharkbow
Editing data directly from userlists was created by akasharkbow
Is there any way that a user list can be made such that data can be edited directly inline, rather that having to click through to each profile individually? (Front end or back end, doesn't matter). 

Also, it is nice to be able to select the fields that appear in user lists for the front end.  Is there any way to add columns / fields to the user lists on the back end?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 months 3 days ago #333920 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing data directly from userlists

Is there any way that a user list can be made such that data can be edited directly inline, rather that having to click through to each profile individually? (Front end or back end, doesn't matter).

CB Core Fields Ajax can provide that. It has support for inline userlist and inline profile editing of fields.

Also, it is nice to be able to select the fields that appear in user lists for the front end. Is there any way to add columns / fields to the user lists on the back end?

Edit your list within CB > List Management and under Columns tab add whatever columns you like and assign fields to display on those columns.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 months 2 days ago #333945 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic Editing data directly from userlists

CB Core Fields Ajax can provide that. It has support for inline userlist and inline profile editing of fields.

Thank you - that works great! 

Also, it is nice to be able to select the fields that appear in user lists for the front end. Is there any way to add columns / fields to the user lists on the back end?

Edit your list within CB > List Management and under Columns tab add whatever columns you like and assign fields to display on those columns.

I have been doing this for the front end lists - but I cannot see how to do it for the back-end list? 

11 months 2 days ago #333947 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Editing data directly from userlists

I have been doing this for the front end lists - but I cannot see how to do it for the back-end list? 

Sorry, I misunderstood. You were asking about CB > User Management. There's no functionality to add columns there except through custom plugins using our XML engine like CBSubs does. We'll be improving this with CB 3.x as we want backend tables to be a lot more customizable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn