Email sending issue

9 months 1 week ago #334454 by AlexRag
Email sending issue was created by AlexRag
I've been getting reports from users that they are not getting the email notification to validate their emails so have turned the feature off for now.   So far it seems to be people with Gmail

I am trying to figure out a few things to troubleshoot the problem and have some questions to point me in the right direction.

1. Is the email sending done by what is set in Joomla Configuration?  It's currently set at PHP Mail
2. Are there logs to check if emails have gone out? OR is this at the server level
3. Is there a way to use a 3rd part sender like Sendgrid or similar to mitigate email from being flagged as spam?

Thanks,
Alex

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago #334458 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email sending issue
Are they not getting the email entirely or is it going to spam? Test with a GMail account if it's just GMail users. You may have landed on a blacklist or your mail server is not setup correctly with DKIM. Sometimes it's just due to the email appearing too spammy. Be sure you've replaced the default registration emails under CB > Configuration > Registration with something more personalized to your site.

1. Is the email sending done by what is set in Joomla Configuration? It's currently set at PHP Mail

CB doesn't have its own mailer API. It's entirely being sent by Joomla.

2. Are there logs to check if emails have gone out? OR is this at the server level

We don't log outbound emails except those sent by CBSubs Mailer.

3. Is there a way to use a 3rd part sender like Sendgrid or similar to mitigate email from being flagged as spam?

If it works with Joomla and extends Joomla's mailer API properly then it should work, but can't guarantee it will.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

9 months 1 week ago #334465 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Email sending issue

Are they not getting the email entirely or is it going to spam? Test with a GMail account if it's just GMail users. You may have landed on a blacklist or your mail server is not setup correctly with DKIM. Sometimes it's just due to the email appearing too spammy. Be sure you've replaced the default registration emails under CB > Configuration > Registration with something more personalized to your site.

I tested it out using Gmail and other providers.   Seems only be Gmail where none of the emails are getting through.   SPF and DKIM settings are fine.    Also not on any blasklists.
I'll continue to investigate but need to look at using SMTP as a delivery option rather than PHP Mail.  

9 months 1 week ago #334469 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Email sending issue
Make sure your outbound email address matches the domain of your mail server. Specifically all From Address parameters should match the same domain otherwise they'll be considered an alias address which GMail will often bounce. Aside from that you'd need to contact your host and see if they can review outbound email logs (if they have any) and see if there's anything that might be wrong with the email or try contacting GMail support.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn