bug report (?) : user cancelled Paypal automatic annual renewal, and his account

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334455 by mikerotec
Got this email the other day:
"I have opened an account and paid the amount via paypal.
now I have deactivated the automatic annual renewal and now I no longer have access to the content.
can you please check this."

I checked and his payment was showing in the CB logs, but his paid membership status was GONE. I had to reset him as a paid member. It's fine now...
I do notice that his payment was datestamped 07/07 15:00 but his joomla and CB accounts weren't created unti 07/08 12:00 Maybe just paypal server time issue?
still seems like a bug to me...

PS:
CB 2.8.0
PHP Version    8.0.29
Web Server    Apache
WebServer to PHP Interface    apache2handler
Joomla! Version    Joomla! 3.10.11 Stable [ Daraja ] 14-August-2022 14:18 GMT

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #334456 by krileon

now I have deactivated the automatic annual renewal and now I no longer have access to the content.

They cancelled their subscription then. If they did that from within his PayPal account then PayPal will send a cancellation IPN and we'll cancel their subscription as a result of that. There's a button within CBSubs for them to cancel just auto recurring payments. They have to use that button to only cancel recurring payments.

I checked and his payment was showing in the CB logs, but his paid membership status was GONE. I had to reset him as a paid member. It's fine now...

You should still see their subscription within CBSubs > Subscriptions, but it should be in a cancelled status. The only other thing I can think of is they cancelled it at PayPal before PayPal notified CBSubs that a payment was complete, which would probably cause some goofy issues we can't really account for. I suggest maybe offering user choice on auto recurring so they don't attempt to cancel right after subscribing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334619 by mikerotec
thanks!  we have the user choice for auto-recurring set... but there is no accounting for the actions of users, i guess..

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn