Pro-rating disappeared

8 months 3 weeks ago #334648 by lcalhoun
Pro-rating disappeared was created by lcalhoun
Hello Team CBSubs: 

We have used CBSubs since 2012 and it has been fabulous - not without problems, but it has allowed us to create a riding (horseback) membership that is helping preserve our farmland.  You don't need to know all that - but we are very grateful.  But, right now, we need your help.  We are in process of changing how we structure the plans.  Here's the scenario:

Our initial set-up was designed using the Parent Plans as an organizing / presentation method.  We grouped plans under parent plans.  Members would click on the group they wanted and then see all the possible plans available to them.  It worked very well in a number of ways, but as discussed in earlier postings, it created problems if someone wanted to upgrade or renew to a different group.  Among other issues, upgrades wouldn't prorate across groups.

We finally decided to change the structure.  Since we were also raising the dues, we wrote a new set of plans  Here's what we did:

For the existing plans with active subscriptions:
We set all to "unpublished".
We changed the parent plans to not exclusive.
We set all the child plans to "top"
We set all the child plans to not allow  new registrations, renewals or upgrades.
We left the child plans exclusive.

For the new plans we set all the plans as:
"top level"
exclusive
published
Access "public"
Able to be able to have new registrations, renewals and upgrades.

The first problem was that - after making those changes - none of the new plans came up as options under "Your Current Membership Upgrade Possibilities".  I experimented with settings.  I had left the old child plans (now top level) as exclusive, so I tried changing that to "not exclusive".  With that change the plans showed up, but then, the second problem is - they don't prorate.  No hint of proration.  The expiration date shows, and information about recurring payment plans set for 4 payments shows.  But under the new plans it just shows the price.  No proration.

What am I missing?

Thank you for your help!
Lucy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334649 by lcalhoun
Replied by lcalhoun on topic Pro-rating disappeared
I reread what I wrote, and it occurred to me that maybe I shouldn't have unpublished the current plans.  I just tried publishing them, and the proration information is showing up!

8 months 3 weeks ago #334653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Pro-rating disappeared
Yup, that'd cause it. Prorating only applies from accessible plan to accessible plan. Instead of unpublishing it configure it so it no longer accepts new subscriptions and does not allow renewals. This will effectively disable it and allow existing users to upgrade out of it with prorating then once the last user has moved out of it unpublish it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lcalhoun

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn