pay-per-view possibility for individual articles?

8 months 3 weeks ago - 8 months 3 weeks ago #334671 by mikerotec
We have a bi-annual website subscription service but a lot of our 'paid content' pages have embedded videos ( that  our streaming provider ensures they cannot be viewed except from the paid access pages). We were wondering if there is any built-in-functionality in CBsubs (etc) for us to be able to offer limited-duration "pay-per-view" options for individual pages - an option for our 'Free' subscribers who might not want to pay for a full subscription. We have about 100 different pages in the paid content "Video" categories that we could offer individually... not sure if that would be laboriously cumbersome to administer - maybe just a tedious one-time setup?

IIRC, the 'new updated' CBsubs documentation is still a work in progress?? ( i havent checked in a while...) 

We are still running Joomla three for a few more weeks but will move to J4 very soon!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 3 weeks ago #334680 by krileon
CBSubs can protect individual pages using CBSubs Content, but if you're wanting 1 purchase = 1 view then 100 pages would be 100 plans. That's not a problem for CBSubs, but will have some configuration for you to do. You can also protect content inside of pages using CBSubs IF substitutions described in the cbsubsbot plugin description. So yes it'd basically just be a tedious one-time setup and once you're done you're done. I'd probably make the plan first, make sure it's configured exactly how you want it, then make a copy of it for each video so all you'd need to change is the CBSubs Content parameters to the new article per plan.

You might be able to use CBSubs Options and be able to do this with a single plan though. What you'd probably have to do is make an option like a multi-checkbox or multi-select which lists all the videos so they can select the ones they want. You'd then push this selection using substitutions to a CB field. Now you can use CB IF substitutions against that field inside your articles using CB Content Bot to either show the video or maybe show a message with link that they need to subscribe. The main issue with this is if they want to buy more videos they'll only be able to do so at time of renewal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn