Issues with login modules - 404 error when saving profile changes

8 months 3 weeks ago #334712 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,

Not sure I understand. So when you edit the field the actual field type is changing on you? That shouldn't happen. When that happens changed it to Select type and re-save and see if it's still doing it.

I changed the field cb_kunenahideemail in the database to char(1).
Then I went into the backend and edited the field and changed the type from "DropDown  (Single Select)" to "Radio Button"
When I then inspect the table again, then the field has changed back to Text.
Btw I do not see a field type "Select".

Joomla 4.3.3
CB 2.8.0+build.2023.07.26.22.45.22.f8ec2a4c2

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334713 by krileon
It will always be stored in the database as type Text. It's supposed to do that. What version of Kunena are you using? Will likely need to add strict type conversion before synchronizing to Kunena.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334757 by krileon
I've implemented a type casting fix in latest CB build release. Please update and let me know if the issue persists. When synchronizing to Kunena we now cast to the expected database type. So for ordering it will always cast to integer now meaning '' will cast to 0.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334759 by RobertvanderHulst
Kyle,
I have removed the required attribute and cleared out relevant fields in my profile.
When I update my profile, I now indeed see the value 0 for the cleared field.

Thanks,

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn