Group Notifications

8 months 2 weeks ago #334719 by AlexRag
Group Notifications was created by AlexRag
I have enabled notifications for all groups and I thought users in the groups would get email notices of activities.   Is this not the case or have I overlooked a setting I should set to allow this in the backend?

Also,  If someone follows a group, what sorts of notifications occur, if any?   Otherwise, what happens when someone follows a group?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Group Notifications
Depends on what you sent "Notify By" to in CB GroupJive > Notifications > General. Additionally if you've CB Auto Actions and CB Activity installed and have published the System Actions in CB Auto Actions to instead send and on-site notification then the notification should be logged in their CB Activity notifications.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #334722 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Group Notifications
Looks like I have set  CB GroupJive > Notifications > General to email.

For CB Autio Actions it looks like all the ones that say. "Notifications" are not published as I was not sure what "This will override the GJ notification method" means.
Is this why messages are not going out? 

Attachments:

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #334731 by krileon
Notifications should send out fine then to the users that have them enabled. Note you're not going to get a notification for your own activity.

Just noticed you said follows a group. They don't get any notifications for following a group. They need to be a member of that group and enable the various notifications they want.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334740 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Group Notifications
Thanks, Kyle.

What is the benefit of enabling the CBAuto Actions, other than logging the activity? - It looks like it would take over GroupJive settings so is one method better than the other?

Circling back to the "following/liking a group" - Other than posting in an activity feed (that a user followed or liked a group) I take it there are no additional things going on for the user as the notification permissions would decide what users get notices of.     Can users follow a group without actually joining?  

8 months 2 weeks ago #334743 by krileon
You can follow a public group without joining it which would allow you to see activity from that group on your profile assuming profile stream is displaying followed activity (it should by default).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn