FontAwesome Icons - some missing

8 months 2 weeks ago #334746 by ejde
FontAwesome Icons - some missing was created by ejde
This is weird... Some FontAwesome icons are loading in Community Builder front-end content, and some do not. I get the same results no matter what machine or browser I'm using. I'm sure I've updated CB to all of the most recent versions of everything.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic FontAwesome Icons - some missing
Did you disable CBs fontawesome within CB > Configuration > Integrations? If so then you'll need to be sure Fontawesome v4 is loaded by some other means.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #334749 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic FontAwesome Icons - some missing
No, and I actually tried disabling it, which does make all of the icons stop working. Re-enabling it puts me back where only some work. Would you recommend disabling it in configuration and then using some other means to deploy it on the site?

8 months 2 weeks ago #334751 by krileon
What icons aren't working? Are you trying to output your own fontawesome icons or are icons included with core CB displays not rendering? If outputting your own you need to use the below as CB uses fontawesome v4.

fontawesome.com/v4/icons/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 months 2 weeks ago #334754 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic FontAwesome Icons - some missing
Just the stock CB icons, no substitutions. See samples.

Attachments:

8 months 2 weeks ago #334756 by krileon
Strange, my guess is something else on your site is also styling those icon classes. Probably changing their font family style as they're font icons.

The whitelist icons are using: fa fa-shield
The profile edit module icon is using: fa fa-pencil

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: ejde

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.357 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn