Upon save new CB user, "error 'field status_text' doesn't have a default value"

7 months 1 week ago #335101 by ospaorg
I recently upgraded from joomla 3.x to 4.3.4.  Upon saving an new user from CB, getting the message "error  'field status_text doesn't have a default value".  Verified user is created in Joomla user list.  When run CB "Check Users Database", get the following info:
All Community Builder comprofiler table rows have links to user table.
Warning: 1 entries in users table without corresponding comprofiler table rows.
users id: 4641 are missing in comprofiler table
This one can be fixed using menu Components / Community Builder / tools and then click "Synchronize users".
users table has no zero id row.
comprofiler table has no zero id row.
All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.
All users table rows have ACL entries in user_usergroup_map table.
All ACL user_usergroup_map table rows have corresponding entries in users table.

Running "Synchronize Users" tool, the record is fixed and then shows in CB Users.  All other CB checks/tests come out clean/green. I reinstalled the latest version of CB, Please advise.

CB version:  pkg_communitybuilder_2.8.1+2023.08.30.20.47.18.76c3e89d7
Joomla 4.3.4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 months 1 week ago #335108 by krileon
There is no status_text database column in CB. Scanning my install shows there might be one in Kunena. So it might be Kunena acting on Joomla user store causing it? Try updating Kunena to latest release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 months 1 week ago #335117 by ospaorg
Bingo, you nailed it, thank you.   I did previously upgrade Kunena to latest version but it did not resolve the problem.  I went into the database, table xxx__kunena_users, field "status_text" and change the default value to NULL and that resolved the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn