Default Template issue on Joomla 4 Upgrade

6 months 22 hours ago #335672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Default Template issue on Joomla 4 Upgrade
Can you be more specific about what URLs are not working correctly still? All should fallback to profile menu item for Itemid when missing. Even then it should still be able to navigate back to CB safely. It's possible something in the routing code changed that we're not accounting for, but am not seeing this issue in my tests so it's hard to determine the cause.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 11 hours ago #335706 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Default Template issue on Joomla 4 Upgrade
I just tried it on a clean install and the issue is there. 
- From a clean install with CB & CB Subs I installed sample data. (Joomla 4.4)
- Added a new Plan in CB Subs
- I created another Template style from Cassiopeia, made some changes and assigned it to the Home page (maybe don't even need to do this as the default data loaded assigns modules to the home page)
- The original template style remained as the default template.
- Then on the front end I log in and go to my profile page. 
- In the subscriptions tab, I select the plan and click on "upgrade" 

Here's where the template changes to the home template, plus all modules assigned to the home page load here as well. 

I set the "Search Engine Friendly URLs" to NO in order to follow the itemid value, and that's when the itemid goes missing from the uri. 
In Joomla 3 the menu would default to the template marked as "default" while now, if the itemid is missing, it defaults to the template of the home page with all the modules of the home page (home page itemid??)

I can assign "hidden" menus to those pages and that solves the issues for CB Subs. I have to create for all of them, if not, the ones I don't create a menu for, default back to the home page template.

It doesn't happen with the PMS, that retains the itemid OK. 

I noticed that if I remove the itemid from the url in any other place, like viewing an article, then the template changes to the home page template and not the default template. So this is why I'm saying it's a J4 issue, a missing itemid results in home page template and modules. 

It may be a purposeful decision, but it means that any errors are highlighted big time. 

I'm not sure that there's anything you can do about this other than check how to keep that itemid in CB Subs plans. 

Thank you,
Tomás 

5 months 4 weeks ago #335715 by krileon
Seams to be exclusively an issue in CBSubs not falling back for Itemid. Was able to confirm using the steps provided above. Will investigate further to see what's causing this as it could be a problem in CB itself, but am unsure so far.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335716 by krileon
Ok, was able to find the cause. It is indeed a bug in CB with a legacy URL function CBSubs is still using. Have created a bug ticket and fix to implement a fallback is pending review. Once merged we'll release a new CB build release.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9265

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

5 months 4 weeks ago #335721 by krileon
This is now fixed in latest CB build release. CBSubs URLs should all fallback to profile menu item Itemid if a specific CBSubs menu item is missing.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: micheleq

5 months 4 weeks ago #335740 by micheleq
Replied by micheleq on topic Default Template issue on Joomla 4 Upgrade
Thank you! 
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn