(solved) PDT payment gateway communication error

6 months 1 week ago - 6 months 6 days ago #335492 by Thelowlandpiper
(solved) PDT payment gateway communication error was created by Thelowlandpiper
I received notification of payment from PayPal for a subscription payment but CbSubs recorded  a 'PDT payment gateway communication error'  

File Attachment:

File Name: transactionerror.txt
File Size:2 KB
in the Notifications table; I've attached the Raw Data for the transaction (with personal details removed)
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 1 week ago #335494 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic PDT payment gateway communication error
Looks the PDT verify API call to PayPal failed. Is this happening on every payment? Please be sure "Your PayPal Identity Token" is absolutely correct within your PayPal gateway. Our API usage is unchanged and uses PayPal's legacy NVP/SOAP API so there's no reason for the API call itself to fail unless that setting is wrong or there was a problem at PayPal.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 6 days ago #335548 by Thelowlandpiper
Replied by Thelowlandpiper on topic PDT payment gateway communication error
Two PDT failures in August, one PDT and one IPN Invalid on the same day (different orders) in September; otherwise all notifications succeed. I notice that the Paypal 'recieve messages setting is disabled. I'm not sure what that function does, but I have now set it to active.
looking at the paypal notification hsitory I see that the two below are marked as 'Recurring payment agreement expired';presumanly this is the message that was not sent because I had the function disabled;
However, I have just 'resent' the notification that failed on 10/10/2023 which provoked this post and it arrived 'verified' (though CBSubs says 'IPN Basket non-existant'. ILooking closer, I see that this too was a recurring payment transaction. It now seems that all these failed notifications are the result of subscribers having two spearate payment profiles. one of which is going to the old website; so this problem is the result of moving a website; previously existing PayPal recurring payment profiles no longer function ... I thought I'd resolved all such accounts, but clearly there are still some lurking;
I'll mark this post as 'solved'                                                     
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.700 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn