CB field ajax edition within another CB field html

6 months 5 days ago #335550 by activha
Hello

I have a decimal CB field cb_marketing_currentcredit in a public tab not displayed on profile. We use this field to compute credits, it is set to use ajax for Staff members only.

The field is also included in an html field which is in a specia Staffl tab for staff members only. This Staff tab is displayed in front end.

My html field is simply  [cb:userfield field="cb_marketing_currentcredit" user="#displayed" /]

However when the staff tries to edit this field, the ajax cog displays correctly the field but the new values are never saved. I cannot figure why ?

When editing in backend all is correct

Any ideas ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 5 days ago #335557 by krileon
Does it save fine when doing frontend user edits on the profile edit page of the user as a moderator?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 5 days ago #335562 by activha
Yes it saves fine, the issue is when the field is included in another html, whether a cb html field or plain html.

I checked permissions and groups and all seems ok

6 months 5 days ago #335565 by krileon
Is "Strict" parameter toggled on in its ajax settings? If so toggle it off and see if issue persists. The ajax editing wasn't really designed to be used inline like that, but it should in theory still work fine. Press F12 and review the Console tab while ajax editing to see if any errors are being thrown as it could just be a JS problem not sending the data properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 5 days ago #335569 by activha
I already checked that strict was not toggled and there are no js errors.

It seems like this could be a result of upgrading to joomla 5 but not sure.

The behavior is the same for some other fields included in other html parts of the website the same way.

I get some js errors with jQuery.validate like TypeError: undefined is not an object (evaluating 'i.settings')

6 months 5 days ago #335571 by krileon
So it's only when embedded using userfield substitutions that it doesn't work, correct? Works fine on profile view when rendering the field normally and/or userlists?

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn