J5 integrated search

5 months 4 weeks ago #335726 by activha
J5 integrated search was created by activha
Hello
Being now on joomla 5, is it possible to integrate CB search for users to joomla search ?
I'd like my mods to search for user's name with the search module, but this should be reserved to mods or special groups
How can I achieve it ?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335728 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic J5 integrated search
We do not have a smart search plugin. Smart search works by indexing data then searching the indexed data. We're not able to apply our many access and privacy checks for profile data to the searching like we can with a live search. This would basically cause data breaches.

You need to use a userlist or use the legacy search component (assuming it still works on J5) with CB Search Bot. We'll be reviewing trying to support some sort of limited basic smart search integration in a future release, but we've to be careful due to the privacy issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335732 by activha
Replied by activha on topic J5 integrated search
I have searched and found the geek elasticsearch component www.joomlageek.com/product/component-geek-elasticsearch that should support both indexing and plain search for Community Builder
Do you know it ? is it following your privacy principles ?
Should I uninstall smart search component and replace it fully with this one ?

5 months 4 weeks ago #335734 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic J5 integrated search
We don't have any integrations with that component and have no plans for one at this time. So whatever integration included in that component is not provided by or evaluated by us. Unless individual profile access permissions and individual field per-profile access permissions are checked it could result in a data breach so you should be careful with what information you allow it to display.

Basically our plans for a smart search plugin is to allow index and allow searching explicitly public information. All private data will be excluded. So for some sites this might mean only searching by name and username and that's it. I don't know when this will be available though.

Should I uninstall smart search component and replace it fully with this one ?

That's entirely up to you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335735 by activha
Replied by activha on topic J5 integrated search
OK I'll ask if they use your CB search bot or if they have some kind of integration built themselves.

Joomla normal search does not work any longer with J4+ and J5. The plugin/component held on GitHub lacks some file to allow it to work on J4/5

So I guess I have to revert to use a list of users for now until we get a smart search plugin for CB

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn