CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring

5 months 3 weeks ago #335753 by ejde
CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring was created by ejde
We have a recurring membership plan that is supposed to be five consecutive monthly installments of $100 toward a lifetime plan. So, it's intended to go to a free lifetime plan. However, it's expiring, showing members as expired.

It's simply a replacement payment option for the $500 lifetime plan that works fine on the site, but the customer wants to offer this option to pay in 5 monthly installments instead of all at once.

CB Subs is working as it should, billing the 5 consecutive payments, but then, we'd like it to roll to lifetime instead of expired. How can this be achieved?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335765 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring
Are you using CBSubs Options to have 2 different durations or do you have 2 different plans? You should be able to do this using CB Auto Actions, but it will depend a lot on your plan configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 3 weeks ago - 5 months 3 weeks ago #335805 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring
I have two different plans setup - one is the original pay once lifetime plan, which continues to work as it always has.
The newer one is the 5 equal installments plan, which works, except for the fact that it shows expired following the final installment. Obviously, this is still a lifetime plan, so I'd want the plan to change to "lifetime" status, not "expired."
I'm happy to investigate using CBSubs Auto Actions to remedy this issue if you think that will do it. If you can provide some steps on how to achieve it, I'd really appreciate it.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335806 by ejde
Replied by ejde on topic CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring
I have now setup an auto action, and I hope I did it correctly.
The trigger is joomla_onUserLogin (I figure this is the easiest way to handle it at least)
Then, I have set the condition to be Action User > Has > (name of recurring payment plan) > Expired
Then, I have the action set to Subscribe > No (it's a lifetime plan) > (name of pay-once lifetime plan)
Output is None
Uses are all unlimited
Parameters are left at defaults

This way, I'm simply moving them to the original pay-once lifetime plan once their recurring payment plan expires.

Please let me know if this will not work as I'm anticipating, or if you think there's a better way.

5 months 3 weeks ago #335815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Subs Recurring Plan Expiring
I would move them to the lifetime plan when their installments plan expires. You should be able to do this using the following.

Global
Triggers: onCPayUserStateChange
Type: CB Paid Subscriptions
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditions
Condition 1
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3]
Operator: Equal To
Value: INSTALLMENT_PLAN_ID_HERE
Condition 2
Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var2]
Operator: Equal To
Value: X
Action
Mode: Subscribe
Plans: LIFETIME_PLAN_HERE

Replace INSTALLMENT_PLAN_ID_HERE with the id of your plan with installment payments. This should trigger the auto action when it goes into X status which is Expired, which should subscribe them to your lifetime plan

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.326 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn