Memberships lost most of Integration content access

4 months 4 weeks ago #336114 by eciudad
I have setup 6 basic membership to access content by menu. Today a created a final set of one membership before going live and I has serious issues performing tests. After paying for the memberships, and activating the accounts, I began to receive messages that to access menus I needed a  membership. All memberships were active. Went even further to renew and upgrade a couple of memberships that worked fine before and still having issues in some cases I got the message:
"danger
The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again."

Others I got something like " You need a membership to access this"

I am checking the CBsubs  and  memberships do not have the detailed content that I setup for each one of them, only two o three selections. I do not know where did all go, either something happened or I made a big mistake somewhere.

Recently I went from 3.10.12 to 4.4, then to 4.41, I do not know if these had something to do, When I login as myself everything works like before since I am an administrator.

I have included some captures.

Thank you,

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 4 weeks ago #336119 by krileon
I recommend using By URL Part protection over menu item protection. It lets you more specifically block access to URLs and isn't tied specifically to a menu item. This should be done against the non-SEF URL. So for example if you've the following

Menu Item: My Compontent
Menu Item URL: index.php?option=com_mycomponent

If the above is what you want to protect you'd supply the below By URL Part protection.

option=com_mycomponent

The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again.

That's a CSRF form token error. You're seeing this when exactly? When trying to pay?

Others I got something like " You need a membership to access this"

That typically means something is being protected by a plan and you don't have that plan.

I am checking the CBsubs and memberships do not have the detailed content that I setup for each one of them, only two o three selections. I do not know where did all go, either something happened or I made a big mistake somewhere.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. You lost settings? In your plans?

Recently I went from 3.10.12 to 4.4, then to 4.41, I do not know if these had something to do, When I login as myself everything works like before since I am an administrator.

Joomla 3 to Joomla 4 so yes it's possible something went wrong during that.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 4 weeks ago #336133 by eciudad
Sorry Krileon I do not follow this below:

"I recommend using By URL Part protection over menu item protection. It lets you more specifically block access to URLs and isn't tied specifically to a menu item. This should be done against the non-SEF URL. So for example if you've the following

Menu Item: My Compontent
Menu Item URL: index.php?option=com_mycomponent

If the above is what you want to protect you'd supply the below By URL Part protection.

option=com_mycomponent"

The most recent request was denied because it had an invalid security token. Please go back or refresh the page and try again.

That's a CSRF form token error. You're seeing this when exactly? When trying to pay?

When Clicking at items on the menus.

Something went on since when checked my local backup, this is what the CBsubs integration content looked like and it is a big difference to the one I previously sent you. I am rebuilding them now. Let me see what happens after that. I think I got the forums back , need to test to see if they work properly. I will backup and reinstall locally to do that. Also, updated the CBsubs to the latest version a couple days ago.

Attachments:

4 months 4 weeks ago #336134 by krileon
Regarding By URL Part protection. My suggestion was to move away menu item specific protection and protect URLs themselves then it won't matter how someone reaches the URL it will be protected. To do that you supply the URLs you want to protect in By URL Part parameter under the Integrations > Extensions tab. Often people are protecting 30+ menu items that could easily be converted to 1-4 URL protections since By URL Part protection lets you use REGEXP to match URLs.

Regarding your screenshots it certainly seams like something went wrong during migration/upgrade.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 4 weeks ago #336138 by eciudad
Thank you Krileon. Now I understand what you meant regarding URL protection. I will see into that to apply to my site. I am working or attempting to fix the rest. Will advise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn