A more elegant "Unauthorized access" message that CBSubs can help with

4 months 1 week ago #336289 by AlexRag
This is about when people try to access Kunena articles that are restricted to certain membership plans.   I don't know if CBSubs can provide a more elegant message to people when following a link to a post. 

Much like how CBSubs limits access to articles after the Read More tag,  it would be nice to be able to better customize the messaging.   It can also provide an opportunity to include some marketing message way to entice someone to buy a membership.    I guess I am thinking of the news sites that ask you for payment to get past the paywall.

I know Kunena, defaults to Joomla to output that message so I'm sure CBsubs isn't involved in this (since permissions are set in Kunena).   But I am hoping it might be possible for CBSubs to take the lead on this.   Perhaps a new CBSubs Plugin?  

Anyway, this is just an idea to help improve the user experience.

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #336297 by krileon
CBSubs doesn't show a 401 when it restricts access. It sends them to a page to purchase the plan to gain access. A 401 means you're probably using Joomla ACL to block access which CBSubs can do nothing about.

You'd need to do similar to what we have done. Leave the forums as public then use CBSubs Content plugin with its By URL Part protection to protect access to a category so that CBSubs protections can be applied. The below for example should work in the By URL Part protection to block access to an entire category.
option=com_kunena&catid=CATEGORY_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 week ago #336301 by AlexRag
Thank you!  Excellent advice!

A related follow-up question...

Where can I adjust the alert message that appears when someone not signed up clicks on the "To read more" message that CBSubs displays when redirected to the register page?

I was looking for it in CB's language plugin and Joomla's Language override but could not find it.    I did find this key (IF_YOU_ALREADY_HAVE_AN_ACCOUNT_PLEASE_LOGIN_FIRST__29098f) in the CBSubs Language plugin but not sure where that is supposed to appear.

Thanks!

4 months 1 week ago #336306 by krileon
The access denied messages are configured in CBSubs > Settings > Display > Plans under the "Access not authorized texts" section.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 1 week ago #336318 by AlexRag
Thanks again. 

It looks like the CBSubs > Settings > Display > allowed me to add a sentence, but there is a second sentence:  "You can access this content item with following Subscription plans:" that I can't seem to figure out where it comes from.

I can't find the key in any of the language plugins or Joomla Overrides.    Any ideas where else to look?

4 months 6 days ago #336325 by krileon
That's a language string. Specifically the following.

Key: YOU_CAN_ACCESS_THIS_S_WITH_FOLLOWING_S_PLANS_f9b598
String: You can access this %s with following %s plans:

You can change it using CBs built in language overrides feature shown below. The language finder built into the overrides should be able to find this.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn