CB Activity API usage update

4 months 1 week ago #336594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity API usage update
It's just conditioning to make sure the code action is only applied to activity post URL. Routing works with segments which are just an array. The array index is as follows.

0 = post
1 = post id

The routing in CB Activity doesn't generate stream URLs as it never has to since streams aren't directly linked to. It generates URLs for the following.

Activity Post URL
Activity Embed URL
Activity Hashtag URL
Comment Post URL
Notification URL

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago #336600 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity API usage update
Could you test the rewrite auto action in a CB Activity menu item limited to only one post ?

It seems to work fine within the modal share window for all menu items with several posts, but when I use a menu to display a single post, the url is rewritten for the browser window but not within the modal share window

Strange and I cannot figure why ?

Also on a css detail, there is a p-0 within cassiopeia css template which affects the share window
Attachments:

4 months 1 week ago #336604 by krileon
I don't think Joomla menu items go through rewrite rules. I believe they're supposed to just show the menu alias. So it may not be possible to do anything about that. I'm not so sure it's even necessary to be adding anything extra to the URL as semantic URLs aren't really relevant to SEO anymore. It's more important to have JSON-LD structured data to describe pages to search engines (there's Joomla 3rd party extensions for this or you can output it using CB Auto Actions).

Also on a css detail, there is a p-0 within cassiopeia css template which affects the share window

Works fine on our demo site. I suspect you have a style conflict coming from elsewhere. There's supposed to be a p-0 class on the modal window. The padding is added on various elements in the modal window. If you had custom CSS for CB Activity 5.0 you may want to remove it and re-add whatever is still relevant.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 months 6 days ago #336613 by activha
The issue is that all css within the modal is with pl and pr instead of ps and pe for new bootstrap 5 with joomla 5

Regarding ld+json we already use them for main pages with the extension Google Structured Data but there does not seem to support CB and CB activity.

How could I add this to posts with an autoaction ?

4 months 6 days ago #336615 by krileon

The issue is that all css within the modal is with pl and pr instead of ps and pe for new bootstrap 5 with joomla 5

That's because we use Bootstrap 4. Regardless I am having zero conflicts with Joomla's default template which is Bootstrap 5 so you've a CSS conflict from your template itself.

Regarding ld+json we already use them for main pages with the extension Google Structured Data but there does not seem to support CB and CB activity.

You don't need special support for it. It's just a JSON array. You can output it on any display trigger using CB Auto Actions and a Code action as Code action can output to the header. See Google's documentation for how to setup the JSON array.

developers.google.com/search/docs/appearance/structured-data/intro-structured-data

Below is documentation for the schema's Google supports.

developers.google.com/search/docs/appearance/structured-data/search-gallery

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

4 months 6 days ago #336618 by activha

That's because we use Bootstrap 4. Regardless I am having zero conflicts with Joomla's default template which is Bootstrap 5 so you've a CSS conflict from your template itself.

You're right, there is zero conflict if I activate Bootstrap 4 for CB. But doing this messes everything with Joomla Cassiopeia standard template and Bootstrap 5
As CB is used nearly everywhere to connect, bootstrap is loaded twice, this makes the pages bigger and messes everything.
Could be good to have a solution for only Bootstrap 5 to not overload pages ? or at least to deal with the changes such as ps ms and so on

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.633 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn