Comment emails no longer being sent

1 month 4 weeks ago #337370 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
This new activity nonsense is tiring and there is NO documentation that explains it. I have no idea what you are asking. Before upgrading it was all very clear and we could make things work the way we needed without any assistance. After upgrading, this activity stuff has ruined so many things. We have been able to fix most of them, but this last issue needs to be resolved."What is the comment on? A custom comment stream you've created or a comment on an activity post?"I have no idea. Please tell me where I can find the information that will answer that question. We haven't created anything. Whatever we had before is not acting the same way after upgrade."If so what is the asset of your custom comment stream"I have no idea. Please tell me where I can find this asset information you are asking about.

This is what I can tell you: After the upgrade, if we look at the Comment field that we use for our Feedback tab on user profile it is now showing as "Field 0". I don't know where that name came from. We did not create anything called "Field 0". If I click on Manage Comments Streams, I see this: 

Does that give the asset information you are asking for?

If whatever needs "a source object it can pull from the asset of the stream", how can we fix that?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337372 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
Assets always existed. They existed in CB Activity 5.0. The thing with CB Activity 5.0 is stream parameters were scattered all over the place. Now they're all in 1 location. For comment streams that would be the page in your screenshot. CB Activity 6.0 attempts to migrate all of those old usages as best as it can, but it's not perfect as it's impossible to account for all the usages. Field 0 is your comment stream migrated from your old CB Activity 5.0 comment field.

I'm sorry this is frustrating for you, but 6.0 is a major release. Major releases have major changes. I don't know how else to convey these major changes. We provide a public change log and I've blogged the entire development process of CB Activity 6.0. We also released beta releases for public feedback.

I understand the lack of documentation can be frustrating, but I'm just 1 guy. I don't have a team here to help write documentation. My time is spread thin as paper and thus something will be sacrificed and that's documentation unfortunately. I do however try to provide top notch support. So instead of documentation people can just ask here and I'll try to point them in the right direction. If any of my instructions are unclear then just ask for further clarification.

With that said it looks like the asset is the default that it was in CB Activity 5.0. So the source is the profile owner. That should mean the following would work.

Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate
Specific User: [var2_id]

var2 should be the profile that the comment was on. So [var2_id] would be their user id. Although [var2_user_id] should also be working so it's strange that isn't.

If that's still not working will test from my end now that I better understand how your comments stream is setup and see why it's failing to build the profile object as this might be a bug.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 month 4 weeks ago #337375 by krileon
Ah, I see what's happening. The source object being returned is the field not the profile, which for the asset behavior is correct. That would explain quite a bit why the substitution isn't working as expected. Ok, lets try something else here. Try the following.

Triggers: activity_onAfterCommentStreamCreate
User: Code
User
$asset	=	$variables['var1']->getAsset();

if ( $asset->getTarget() === 'profile' ) {
	return $asset->getTargetId();
}

return ( $variables['var2']->user_id ?? ( $variables['var2']->id ?? 0 ) );

I tested the above and appears to work fine. So please let me know if you're still having issues after applying the above changes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

1 month 4 weeks ago #337376 by boyjahq
Replied by boyjahq on topic Comment emails no longer being sent
Oh my god! You did it! I want to hug you and treat you to a nice meal and drink champagne until the sun rises! I apologize for the cranky sounding messages before. But like you, for us on the other side, time is spread thin as paper as we do our best to keep our ever changing websites functional for our paying customers. After more than 36 hours spent trying to solve this problem, I finally get to sleep. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

1 month 4 weeks ago #337377 by krileon
Awesome! Glad I was able to help! 😄

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: boyjahq

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn