cb substitutions - can i call the label instead of the value?

1 month 2 days ago - 1 month 2 days ago #337647 by markfajgenbaum
Hi Support, 

is it possible to call the label instead of the value with cb substitutions.  

e.g value 1, label "New York"
      value 2, label "London"

the substituion [cb_FIELD] or [cb:userdata field="FIELD_NAME" /] both call the value, not the label. 

the substition [cb:userfield field="FIELD_NAME" /] will call all the html (incl label), but this can be a complex display that i dont require for the particular instance.   

Is it possible to call just the raw label? 

thank you for clarifying. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 month 12 hours ago #337656 by krileon
It's possible to render the field with the label, but not just the label. We do have plans to eventually support that, but recommend just using language strings for field labels then using inline translation substitutions to substitute them for now. Example as follows.

Label: FIELD_CITY

Key: FIELD_CITY
String: City

Substitution: [cb:translate key="FIELD_CITY" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.978 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn