Auto renew charged multiple times

4 weeks 1 day ago #337672 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Auto renew charged multiple times
Have reviewed your install. You've several users whom intentionally have renewed manually multiple times so those aren't a concern. You allow renewal in advance by 10 years and their renewals are 1-5 minutes apart all manual payments.

The primary issue here is you've 1 recurring subscription that double billed. You'll need to check that within your Stripe dashboard as instructed above and see if they have 2 subscriptions at Stripe. I'm not sure how that managed to happen though and am still investigating possibilities there.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 weeks 1 day ago - 4 weeks 1 day ago #337674 by krileon
The only possible way I could cause a subscription to duplicate is if the subscription payment handling process was submitted twice before the first process was completed. This would result in double subscription at Stripe. Normally an intent is consumed, but for setup_intents they're reusable to allow for recurring payments. Effectively this happens mostly due to user error (being impatient and trying to mash through the payment submit process).

I've implemented safe guards to check if a setup intent was used to create a subscription (or subscription schedule) before a subscription is created. This will avoid such abuse cases. This didn't seam to happen that often though as you've others whom have subscribed fine. The fix will be available in next CBSubs build release sometime today or tomorrow.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/9397

As for what to do about this. You'll need to cancel the duplicates at Stripe > Billing > Subscriptions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 1 day ago #337678 by krileon
A new CBSubs build release is now available to safe guard against Stripe creating duplicate subscriptions if the user interrupts the process while it's processing. This won't fix the existing duplicates though which you need to delete from within Stripe > Billing > Subscriptions. The fix should however ensure a setup intent can no longer be used more than once to generate a subscription and tested that it indeed guards against this well.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 weeks 6 days ago #337772 by fdinkler
Replied by fdinkler on topic Auto renew charged multiple times
Kyle - 
Thanks for the CBSubs update.
We've identified a possible reason for multiple user clicks.
When editing a user's profile, a date field threw a validation error.  This field has no validation rules defined, so this was surprising.
I'm thinking this may be the reason why users were clicking multiple times.
Screenshot of error and field definition is attached.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:

2 weeks 6 days ago #337773 by krileon
That shouldn't matter for payment flows as profile field validation does not apply there. Regardless it shouldn't be possible anymore as we've implemented some pretty aggressive safeguards to prevent the SetupIntent used for establishing subscription from being used more than once to initialize a subscription.

As for the field if no validation range is supplied it just defaults to current year. You should ideally be supplying a validation range for your date fields.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.556 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn