[SOLVED] Offering new plan that is free

1 month 12 hours ago - 3 weeks 13 hours ago #337660 by AlexRag
I have a use case that I need some help configuring.

I have users who were on a paid plan but I am now offering the same plan for free for the foreseeable future. (Same access and features)

I created a duplicate of the same plan but for free.   For users whose paid plan has expired I can't get this free plan to show up went they are prompted to reactivate.  

1. How do I go about moving people to the new free plan?     When the prompt to reactivate comes up it only shows the one that has expired.

2. Or is it better to just post a 100% discount code and then make the existing plan free?

3. Or is there a way to downgrade them to free someone within the plan they have now that has expired?

The long-term plan is to eventually reintroduce the fee at a later date (next year)

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 weeks 1 day ago #337668 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Offering new plan that is free
Given that it's temporarily free I'd probably just apply a 100% discount (auto applied not a coupon) to the plan and not bother with making a second plan. You can even set an end date for the auto discount of when you expect the free period to end. You can use the promotions features to override the price display so the plan shows a free price as well or show it as a slashed price down to free.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

4 weeks 1 day ago #337673 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Offering new plan that is free
Thanks, Kyle.  I will look at doing that.

Planning, if the free plan becomes permanent what would be the approach to getting them over to a different plan or would it just be easier to eventually just make the price 0 and keep what's there?   

4 weeks 1 day ago #337675 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Offering new plan that is free
If the plan becomes permanently free just change its price to 0. So you shouldn't need to bother with making a second plan at all for either case.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn