conference registration? longshot?

14 years 7 months ago #110758 by dirtypants
Replied by dirtypants on topic Re:conference registration? longshot?
krileon wrote:

Yes, you can set items or categories to be accessed by specific groups. The CBSubs VirtueMart integration plugin will allow you to change users VM group based on subscription.

So this this mean I won't need an ACL to prevent certain subscriptions to access certain pages, too? Or do I have to have a separate ACL extension like Community ACL?

Do the different subscriptions create their own different groups? Could I have "Membership Type I" and "Membership Type II", or are they all going to be "members," "authors," etc. as they come default in joomla?

There isn't a demo anywhere? Or a way to do a trial on localhost?

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #110789 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:conference registration? longshot?
CBSubs does not add additional ACL tables. Only pre-existing ACL tables will be used (default Joomla ones). You do not need ACL tables to limit users locations on your site. There is URL protection (protect a URL on your joomla site), VirtueMart groups integration, SQL actions to execute queries, and more.

There is no demo or free trial. You are provided with a test and live site floating license (can be easily moved server to server). However, there is a 30 day money back guarantee if you are not satisfied with your purchase.

You can define different types of members by using Plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110895 by dirtypants
Thank you SO much for being patient. I'm not "getting" a good picture. :blush:

Can you restrict by groups?

To be honest, I'm not comfortable spending $140 and then replacing two modules on a site (AEC + JACL), just to "see if it works."

As I upgrade to 1.5, I'd like to do it smoothly. If CBSubs can replace the functionality I have now, so that I can ditch AEC and the JACL hacks, it is worth it to me.

Right now I have three types of subscriptions:

Regular members
Sustaining members
Student members
Free members

The first three have access to download 40 documents for free.

The first two of those will be able to register for a conference using Virtuemart at one price, and never see the other options.

The third (Student) would get to register for the conference at a reduced rate, and would never see the higher rate options. They would have a "Student" section of the Virtuemart store.

The "Free" would be restricted from the documents. They would also have their own special area at Virtuemart where everything is more expensive, and could not navigate to the cheaper areas.

I can do this with a lot of work using AEC and JACL (or maybe Community ACL). My members are already in AEC, and that works well for me. Community ACL may have extra benefits.

But you are telling me, with certainty, that you can do what I have described? With group access (Plans) so that I can restrict certain memberships from content, documents, etc.? Not ALL members, but certain members going here, others going there, etc. And is it fast and not custom MySQL based? I'm not that good :(.

Would there be any additional reason to have an ACL module? Would the Plans also (differentially) restrict certain kinds of posting on forums, etc.? (I don't have a forum chosen / up yet).

If yes, I can buy today. Thanks. I'm really having a hard time picturing this, but I've got to move fast. Can I see documentation? Please?

S

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

14 years 7 months ago #110920 by krileon
I can't give certain answer to your needs without you simply trying it as I don't know exactly your expectations or if it'll work to your satisfaction.

You say groups, but I don't know if you mean VirtueMart (default, shopper, etc...) groups or ACL groups (register, editor, publisher, etc..).

The VirtueMart plugin for CBSubs controls a users group in VirtueMart, it does not touch ACL groups. Can you limit plans to a specific ACL group? Yes this is very doable.

There is an SQL Actions integration which will allow you to run queries as you see fit if necessary.

There is also By URL Part protection which allows you to protect a specific URL, you could protect a VirtueMart category for instance using this method.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #110924 by dirtypants
krileon wrote:

You say groups, but I don't know if you mean VirtueMart (default, shopper, etc...) groups or ACL groups (register, editor, publisher, etc..).

I'll try to simplify:

*Within* the ACL group of "Registered," can CBSubs help me prevent someone who pays $100 for membership (let's say a basic membership) from getting to URLs that someone who pays $300 for a premium membership gets? So that more money can access more things within the "Registered" group?

And if I do use something like Community ACL, will it recognize the groups created by Community ACL?

Joomla 1.5.23
CB 1.7
CBSubs 1.2.2
Virtuemart 1.1.9

14 years 7 months ago #110969 by krileon
dirtypants wrote:

krileon wrote:

I'll try to simplify:

*Within* the ACL group of "Registered," can CBSubs help me prevent someone who pays $100 for membership (let's say a basic membership) from getting to URLs that someone who pays $300 for a premium membership gets? So that more money can access more things within the "Registered" group?

And if I do use something like Community ACL, will it recognize the groups created by Community ACL?

First question, yes easily done with By URL Part which is a feature part of CBSubs Content integration. You will be able to protect specific locations of your site based on plans.

Second question, it SHOULD respect your custom ACL groups created by ACL modification components. However, we do NOT provide support for such modifications. So if you are using an ACL group created by said component and the plan does not work, we can not troubleshoot it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn