[SOLVED] Suitability for website

14 years 7 months ago #111258 by DATAjammer
[SOLVED] Suitability for website was created by DATAjammer
Hi, I am looking at CBS as an option for a Preserved Railway website I am building at the moment.

I would like it to take membership subscriptions online and keep a list of members and so on, but they don't really have any specific 'bonus' with regards the website itself other than an occasional newsletter which is sent by email or post (users choice).

Ideally it would also offer a discount option within an shop solution (probably VirtuMart or osCommerce).

Would CB and CBS be suitable for this or would I be better with a more specific solution?

Regards, Tony

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/09/17 14:15

Anthony Lloyd
Making Tracks Rail Simulation Software Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #111312 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Suitability for website
If you just want paid access to the site, that's fine. CBSubs can do that. The CBSubs VirtueMart integration plugin allows assigning to virtuemart shopper groups, etc... based on subscription, so yes you could offer VM discounts for subscribing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111373 by DATAjammer
Replied by DATAjammer on topic Re:Suitability for website
Thanks Kyle,

I don't want to restrict access to the website ... its for a preserved railway that have members but they don't actually have any more access than the general public.

I simply need a component that will process memberships - payments and reminders - online (and also for members that sign-up offline using a paper form).

Is CBS still suitable for this?

At the moment they have a simple access database for memberships but if CBS can do what we need for offline users as well - where admins add members to the system - they could technically get rid of the MSAccess version. If not they would have to manually copy over users between systems.

I hope this makes sense. Regards, Tony

Anthony Lloyd

14 years 7 months ago #111378 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Suitability for website
You do not have to have any restrictions for plans; so yes this will cover your needs.

CBSubs has multiple payment gateways, among them is Offline Payments, so you will be able to add your offline paying users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #111403 by DATAjammer
Replied by DATAjammer on topic Re:Suitability for website
Thanks Kyle for all your help.

Anthony Lloyd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn