Acajoom and CB Subs

14 years 7 months ago #112017 by yellowhousedesign
Acajoom and CB Subs was created by yellowhousedesign
Hi, I purchased a license for CB Subs and am digging into the documentation (thank you very much for all of that - very detailed), but I was wondering if CB Subs would somehow be able to assign/de-assign (basically remove them from the email list) based on their subscription level in CB Subs. So, if a user signed up for a Level B subscription, they would automatically be assigned to a Level B mailing list in Acajoom and when their subscription ended, they would be taken out.

If that's not available yet, is that something that would be incredibly hard to do or could that be added to a feature request? Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 7 months ago #112020 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Acajoom and CB Subs
There is no integration plugin for Acajoom, you will need to use SQL Actions to perform a query to add the user to a mailing list in Acajoom.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #112037 by yellowhousedesign
Replied by yellowhousedesign on topic Re:Acajoom and CB Subs
Kyle,
Thanks for the quick response (I know you're always pretty busy around the forums ha). I know this is more of a question for how the SQL statement would be designed, but to your knowledge, is it possible to create some sort of link that would not only add them to a specific newsletter list on the subscription purchase, but also delete them from it if it expires? Thanks again, I'm on page 176 of 277 of the documentation!

14 years 7 months ago #112090 by krileon
yellowhousedesign wrote:

Kyle,
Thanks for the quick response (I know you're always pretty busy around the forums ha). I know this is more of a question for how the SQL statement would be designed, but to your knowledge, is it possible to create some sort of link that would not only add them to a specific newsletter list on the subscription purchase, but also delete them from it if it expires? Thanks again, I'm on page 176 of 277 of the documentation!

Add a link? Where? Please be more descriptive.

You could use a delimiter field which has a link for its content, then make that delimiter field show when they have a subscription to a specific plan using CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection.

There's CBSubs URL, which allows you to perform GET, XML, and POST requests on a URL if you're needing to fire a code file.

Otherwise you'll need to use CBSubs SQL Actions to insert a user into the database table of acajoom that handles mailing lists.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 7 months ago #112217 by yellowhousedesign
Replied by yellowhousedesign on topic Re:Acajoom and CB Subs
Hey Kyle,

Thanks again for the quick response. Sorry about being a little vague on that last post, I mean more of a "link = relationship" between CB Subs and Acajoom.

I actually had a chance to talk to the Acajoom developers a few days ago and they were not sure how they would be able to integrate their component with CB Subs. I know you guys pretty much develop the component integration, but I just thought I would throw it out there that they are willing to help with whatever is needed, because they said that had seen the release and were very surprised to learn that you could integrate specific components with it. Thanks!

14 years 7 months ago #112220 by krileon
It can already be integrated with SQL Actions integration. You can form a query to insert the user into a newsletter mailing list, etc...

Been done multiple times, but do not have acajoom so can not advise on how to build the query, but just examine acajooms database or ask the developers for a query to insert a user manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.278 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn