[SOLVED] Test site licensing question

14 years 6 months ago #114056 by andrew432
[SOLVED] Test site licensing question was created by andrew432
I want to run cb subs on a live site and on a test site simultaneously, the test site has a different domain name, and a different site name.
The test site doesn't have many users as it's intended to be used for testing CB,CB Subs, and user profile plugins, it's a totally different site to the live site.

Will the starter license allow me to do this?

thanks,
Andrew

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/10/14 19:24

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114058 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Test site licensing question
Yes, all licenses come with a test and live site permissions. You can install your license on 1 live site and 1 test site (does not matter if test site is local or not).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114087 by andrew432
Replied by andrew432 on topic Re:Test site licensing question
Thanks, I'll be purchasing CB subs soon then,

Andrew

14 years 6 months ago #114782 by ecoweb
Replied by ecoweb on topic Development and User Testing site licensing
I see that you solved the thread 'Test site licensing question' with the response below. I have a similar request but for me I use 2 testing sites and then the production site. One testing site is local for initial set-up testing and bug solving which is often restored from backups. I have a "user test" site (this is a sub-domain of the main domain with a full copy of the production site on it but limited data e.g. profiles and restricted access) which I and just my client use to do final testing of stable software before putting into production site. I know you state that the licence is for only 1 live site and 1 test site but I consider the configuration I have as fairly standard (and prudent) for software and website development. Would this be covered by the standard licence?

The license overview states:
Single site usage based on maximum site users (calculated as # or rows in user table)
Single site license permits development/test installations (1-2 installations of same site on same or different domain)

Does this mean 1-2 testing installations or 1 prodution installation and an optional 1 testing site?
Thanks
Brian

krileon wrote:

Yes, all licenses come with a test and live site permissions. You can install your license on 1 live site and 1 test site (does not matter if test site is local or not).

14 years 6 months ago #114789 by krileon
What this means is your license will remain active for 2 sites (1 production, 1 development). This does not mean 2 test or 2 development. If the license checker sends information of going against such configuration there is a likelihood your license will be kicked out from 1 of the 3 sites if you so choose to use it on 3 sites and it would be very bad for it to kick out on your production site.

For additional sites you would have to purchase another license or contact beat (PM or email from Contact Us) for a custom quote.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn