CBSub abilities.

14 years 6 months ago #114913 by aaronkm
CBSub abilities. was created by aaronkm
Hello,

I'm trying to put a site together that will allow for multiple groups per user. I see CBSubs can handle this no problem, I also see it will place users in Remo groups for me too and that's going to be a huge help.

Currently site registrations have to be approved by a mod (This is on a DoD non-cloud-connected network)

My questions are:

1. How are multiple groups assigned when a mod approves the registration? Is it just a multiple select box allowing control clicks to various groups in the CB user manager? Kind of like now, but with a multi instead of single select?

1. Can I set this up in a way that the user can subscribe and get into a 'group' without having to pay anything?

2. Will they have to go through a 'check out' process to pay nothing?

3. Can CBSubs add users to multiple Remository groups?

4. If I purchase this, will I be limited in any way because the software will never be able to 'call home'? Again it's on an intranet.

The goal is to be able to provide the moderators a single interface for approving registration and file download access groups

JUGA is the component I'm using for my content ACL and I'm also working on having it add the user to JUGA groups based on the multiple group selections during registration approval. In your opinion is this even necessary?

Would CBSubs also allow me to control what menus and or content are available to what groups? If so, it seems like JUGA could go away.

Thanks for all of your time.

Respectfully,
Aaron

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114918 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSub abilities.
The admin configures the plan to assign the user to a specific repository group (or groups) from a multi-select drop-down in the backend. When the user subscribes to this plan the user will be added to those groups. So in a way users get to select what groups they belong to by selecting which plan to subscribe to. This functionality also works for free plans, which free plans do NOT have a checkout process, the subscription is activated immediately.

In addition to all of this CBSubs will let you control which menu, content, component, etc... a user has access to based off the plan they're subscribed to.

You need to allow CBSubs access to the internet in order for it to do its license checks, it also needs access to the internet if you have paid plans.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114920 by aaronkm
Replied by aaronkm on topic Re:CBSub abilities.
Oh man I was absolutely sold until the last sentence.

This project is for a U.S. Department of Defense classified network, it will never ever have access to the cloud.

Is there no other stand-alone option for me?

Respectfully,
Aaron

14 years 6 months ago #114931 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBSub abilities.
aaronkm wrote:

Oh man I was absolutely sold until the last sentence.

This project is for a U.S. Department of Defense classified network, it will never ever have access to the cloud.

Is there no other stand-alone option for me?

Respectfully,
Aaron

Right now the CBSubs license is floating, so can be moved from server to server without any special task, just uninstall / install, thus the licensing server need.

Not yet existing alternative would be a server+site-specific locked down untransferable license based on an unlimited users lifetime maintenance license. That option would need to be developed. Demand for that is pretty low right now, compared to other features. So to unlimited+lifetime options there would be an additional cost and delivery delay associated with it.

If that is an option for you and you have a budget, maybe you should get a normal license (we have 30 days refund policy on CBsubs licenses) to try out on your development system and then if all is corresponding to your wishes, PM me (click on icon bottom left of this post) for a quote and delay for the locked down license.

Best Regards,
Beat

p.s. for clarity i need to add that the currently in intensive development gateways extensions/API have absolute priority over any other CBSubs developement.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn