can cbsubs manage free subscriptions?

14 years 6 months ago #115100 by womanlinks
can cbsubs manage free subscriptions? was created by womanlinks
We are creating a work search/resume management site for a client. The client wishes to set a lifespan on user accounts - automatic deactivation after 2 months unless the user elects to renew - however, they do not wish to charge a fee for creation of user accounts. Can CBSubs setup/manage free user accounts?

Also, the client wishes for Users to receive email notices of impending account deactivation that include a link for the user to elect to renew for an additional two months. Can CBSubs generate such system messages?

Finally, if a User elects to return to the site for a new job search, the client would like them to have the ability to reactivate the account they set up initially. Can CBSubs do this as well?

thanks!

Catie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #115138 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:can cbsubs manage free subscriptions?
Yes CBSubs is very capable of managing free accounts, you do not have to charge users to use CBSubs capabilities.

CBSubs can send emails upon deactivation of a users subscription, please note it can not send them BEFORE deactivation. I suggest adding a grace period to the subscription.

Yes, they will be able to renew their existing subscription on their existing account.

All this of course depends on how you've setup your CBSubs configuration. I highly advise reviewing the manual carefully to better understand the capabilities of each integration as well as understand the various parameters if you so choose to use CBSubs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.299 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn