Can I do this?

14 years 6 months ago #115506 by paiasoloco
Can I do this? was created by paiasoloco
Hi, I am considering CBSubs but I am not sure it will cover my specific needs. I read in the use cases that it is possible to have a client/provider type website like a teacher/student or Agency / Model type of thing. But I need a little more detail on those models, for example. I have to create a website where there are 2 main profiles, Players and Agents.

- Players can self-register and fill out all the info in their profile.
- Agents can self-register as well and add slightly different info but they need also to add their own players and be able to maintain their data.
- Agents need to be able to display all their players in a tab in their profile let's say.
- Agents can edit only their players and not other Agent's players.

I've been looking around a lot but I think this feature of allowing users to create/manage other users is one step over what CBSUbs offers in the current version right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #115509 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can I do this?
It's possible to create different profiles by using CBSubs in combination of "hiding fields on registration" found on the Workflows tab of your plans. This will allow you to have different registration forms for Players/Agents. Using CbSubs Tabs Fields Protection will allow you to then hide these fields/tabs on the users profile.

- Players can self-register and fill out all the info in their profile.

Very doable; see previous comments.

- Agents can self-register as well and add slightly different info but they need also to add their own players and be able to maintain their data.
- Agents need to be able to display all their players in a tab in their profile let's say.
- Agents can edit only their players and not other Agent's players.

This is where a road block comes in, you'd need an entirely built from the ground up plugin or possibly extensions to do this. This is not even a native feature of CB. You could make Agents moderators, but they'd be able to edit everyone. This would as appears to definitely need custom development.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #115530 by paiasoloco
Replied by paiasoloco on topic Re:Can I do this?
Thanks Krileon for you prompt and clear reply. Any recommendation on a development company/team that could estimate the production of a project such as this?

14 years 6 months ago #115538 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Can I do this?
paiasoloco wrote:

Thanks Krileon for you prompt and clear reply. Any recommendation on a development company/team that could estimate the production of a project such as this?

No idea honestly, you would have to contact contract developers for an estimate. It's possible something SIMILAR has been developed that you can modify; check JED and Google respectively.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn