cbsubs and fundraising site

14 years 6 months ago #115534 by timumney
cbsubs and fundraising site was created by timumney
Hi, I have a couple of questions re: cbsubs capabilities I'm hoping someone can help with please.

We are looking at developing a fundraising site for a non profit organisation. The site involves members signing up (including paying a membership fee) for an event and then other people sponsoring the members for certain amounts. All membership payments and sponsorship payments would go into the one Paypal account.

I understand that cbsubs would easily be able to setup the paid memberships part but is there the capability for non members to choose a member to sponsor, pay an amount via paypal, see how much each member has been sponsored, what is the total raised etc.

We're happy to do a certain level of customisation ourselves and I know there is a commercial version of something very similar using community builder at www.joomlatabs.com
However I'd rather do it all through cbsubs if possible.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #115537 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cbsubs and fundraising site
The sponsoring would be quite difficult, while not user by user specific you could use a Donation plan (appropriately named Sponsor) which would allow users to donate, but they would not be "sponsoring" a particular user.

You could (if not a lot of members to sponsor) create a new donation plan for each sponsor, then hide this donation plan from view, when a user visits that users profile using a delimiter field you could cleverly provide the direct link to the donation plan with some text of the nature "Sponsor me today!".

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #115542 by timumney
Replied by timumney on topic Re:cbsubs and fundraising site
Hi Krileon
Thanks for your quick response!
Unfortunately, its looking like there would be quite a lot of people and teams to sponsor (hopefully!) and the organisation is very keen to see how much each one is raising, so setting up a plan for each one probably wouldn't be realistic in this case. Thanks for taking the time to come up with a possible solution though.:)

Its looking like we may need to look at the joomlatabs option unless you can think of another CB plugin etc.?
Cheers
Tim

14 years 6 months ago #115573 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:cbsubs and fundraising site
Unfortunately I can't think of any other solution, it simply wasn't design for such usage. While it maybe possible to do as such once the API is release I do not have a time frame for when this will happen. I suppose you could simply use a Donation plan as a Sponsorship plan, but just have all the sponsoring pooled into 1 (so only need 1 plan).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.235 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn