customizing CBSubs with/for Flash with .swf files

14 years 5 months ago #115968 by daywalker0028
I want to customize various areas of CB & CBSubs by displaying Flash content (both .swf & .flv files), particularly within promotional prompts such as the ones that display to free users to encourage conversions (upgrades, purchases, etc.).

I need to either replace the HTML + images with a .swf file or if that is not feasible, at least be able to add an action to pop up a floating window containing specific .swf files.

Does the CB interface allow one to design custom prompts or modify the existing message prompts so as to insert .swf files into them?

If not, Is the code within CB available for modification?

Also, if It’s not possible (customizing prompts/inserting .swf files into prompts), within CBSubs, (I read that CBSubs uses ioncube to protect its code), do I have to seek out an official CBSubs team developer, or can I use an independent developer with whom I already have a working relationship?

Also, I also need to pass 4 variables from CB to an HTML containing flash/swf (within same domain), once a user successfully logs into CB/CBSubs.
Thus, i may need to customize code at least for this particular function.

tech notes
I'm using Community Builder with Joomla 1.5 and I'm considering purchasing a license for CBSubs, but I first need to find a resolution to accomplish this objective.

Post edited by: daywalker0028, at: 2009/11/04 16:55

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #115969 by krileon
Don't understand what you're asking. Add a prompt where? You could just add flash to a module and have the module display when a user visits their profile. You could also add the flash the descriptions of the plans or on the subscription tab or even in a delimiter field to display on a users profile. If you're wanting a pop-up prompt this can be done within a CB plugin as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #115972 by daywalker0028
Replied by daywalker0028 on topic Re:customizing CBSubs with/for Flash with .swf files
Thanks for responding.

If I understand correctly, I can add .swf files to user tabs or delimiter file to display promotions, subscription plans, etc.

If that's correct, thank you.

How about if I need to pass 4 variables from the CB login form to a .swf file (a seperate html containing Flash).

e.g. Everytime users successfully log into CB, variables are passed to http://www.same-domain_with-flashfile.html

Is that clear / feasible?

Please advise.

Mythic Studio
www.mythicstyle.net

14 years 5 months ago #115973 by krileon
Display of flash in delimiter fields or tabs is based off the Joomla editor you're using. Some will code clean (generally can be turned off) or don't allow specific tags (generally can be adjusted). I recommend JCE.

As far as passing variables on login this is also possible using triggers in your plugin, see tutorials in my signature for information about and usage of cb triggers.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn