[SOLVED] Defined Subscription Periods

14 years 5 months ago #116192 by mknz
Before I can go with CB Subs for my site, and consequently an upgrade to J!1.5, it needs to be able to deal with a defined subscription period. Our fiscal year is Nov. 1st to Oct. 31st with yearly and bi-monthly payments based upon this. I also need to be able to accept (or continue to push via an mssql bridge program) offline payments. Plus, we need to be able to dictate the date when access is denied, while being able to pay back dues or choosing to start the dues payments over (ie: if I make a payment today, I can choose to pay for the last bi-monthly for fiscal 2009...Sep/Oct 2009 OR pay for the first bi-monthly of fiscal 2010...Nov/Dec 2009(losing all past return of dues and credibility as a "member since...").

The minute this is resolved or someone can create a plugin for it, etc...I'm buying CB Subs and whatever plugin to make it work this way.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/09 14:37

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116198 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Defined Subscription Periods

Before I can go with CB Subs for my site, and consequently an upgrade to J!1.5, it needs to be able to deal with a defined subscription period. Our fiscal year is Nov. 1st to Oct. 31st with yearly and bi-monthly payments based upon this.

So you'd like a specific subscription expiration date apposed to 1 month of subscription and subscribes whenever that month is over? If that's the case this has been addressed and confirmed doable here (shows how to change validity you can also use the same query with minor changes to change expiration date, etc...).

I also need to be able to accept (or continue to push via an mssql bridge program) offline payments.

Not sure what you mean by push offline payments, you could use CBSubs SQL Actions or CBSubs URL integrations to either execute a query or execute a code file. Offline payment gateway is available to accept offline payments.

Plus, we need to be able to dictate the date when access is denied, while being able to pay back dues or choosing to start the dues payments over (ie: if I make a payment today, I can choose to pay for the last bi-monthly for fiscal 2009...Sep/Oct 2009 OR pay for the first bi-monthly of fiscal 2010...Nov/Dec 2009(losing all past return of dues and credibility as a "member since...").

Admins can add, modify, remove users subscriptions as they see fit from CBSubs backend or User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116212 by mknz
Replied by mknz on topic Re:Defined Subscription Periods
krileon wrote:

I also need to be able to accept (or continue to push via an mssql bridge program) offline payments.

Not sure what you mean by push offline payments, you could use CBSubs SQL Actions or CBSubs URL integrations to either execute a query or execute a code file. Offline payment gateway is available to accept offline payments.

In the old 1.0 site, I had frankensteined and hacked to pieces CB, JACL, AEC and J! core files to create all these things. I have an in-house ms sql based system that ran a chron job to push info into my mysql and read flags I had left it for updates on the site. It's kinda awesome. I think I can use the ms sql chron job to do exactly that based on in-house changes that would push to the site. Very cool.
I'm thinking now that all the things I had to handcraft can be components and not hacks because upgrading the site is virtually impossible now. Thanks for the info and the link. I'll be buying CB Subs later this afternoon.

If anybody is interested in the specs on how to do that, let me know. Changed my life to be able to NOT learn asp.net and stay in Joomla.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn