[SOLVED] CBSub with sobi2

14 years 5 months ago #116207 by lascolat
[SOLVED] CBSub with sobi2 was created by lascolat
I am currently developing a site that uses SOBI2 to show v-card views off of menus and then link to a detail view (which is an article). Basically, it is a library that sorts content into multiple categories. The site will have a free member component (about 20% of content) and 80% will be for premium members. There are two main tasks that I still have remaining and they seem like they both can be solved by cbsub but I want to be sure prior to purchasing. The most critical is that each sobi "article" can be individually coded so that the v-card displays but when it is clicked to link to the detailed view, only premium members can view those that are not covered under the free membership. It is clear this works with standard joomla articles but what about sobi2 entries?
Second, is I need to require that a visitor sign in or register prior to viewing anything but a "why to join for free" page or close alternative. Basically, force registration. Can CBsub also handle this? Thank you. Sorry for the long post.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/11/09 14:36

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116214 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSub with sobi2
CBSubs can protect content articles or even the links to your detailed v-card. This is done with the CBSubs Content integration which allows protection of articles, menus, modules, components, or URL parts such as option=com_mycomponent&task=vcard&action=details.

Second part requiring registration can be done without CBSubs, but at any rate a user is required to register in order to subscribe so any area protected will of course force user to registration page with appropriate plan selected for them to subscribe to. Otherwise just set your component, article, etc... menu links to be Registered access instead of Public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116236 by lascolat
Replied by lascolat on topic Re:CBSub with sobi2
That answers it, thank you. Only one last question, if I also subscribe to the document subscription, will that cover the docs for cbsub?

14 years 5 months ago #116237 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CBSub with sobi2
No, they're two separate subscriptions. Get the details in the CBSubs tab above.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn