CBSUBS compatibility with FORMS

14 years 5 months ago #116732 by funkker
CBSUBS compatibility with FORMS was created by funkker
Hi guys,

the situatiuon is following.
I would like to use joomla 1.5 with CB + CBSUBS.

I need members of my site to be able to send me a form (using some form component like breezing forms, rsforms or other) What I need is following - I need identificate which member is sending me form. How I will know which user send me form ? Is there an form component which is able to get informations from member profile like name etc... and include it with form ?

Or maybe there is other way how I actually identifiy which member is sending a form ( without need for member to fill again all personal info to the form ... - its of course solution but I need my site members to keep things simple - it will be annoying for then if they fill all personal info everytime they send me form)...

An idea ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #116736 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:CBSUBS compatibility with FORMS
Not sure what you're your asking. CBSubs isn't a form component. It has a form for address information, but this information can be pulled from fields (first time only) such as at registration so users do not have to re-enter their information. At any rate once they enter their information it is saved. However, this information is just for invoices.

Could you please be more detailed in your request, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116740 by funkker
Replied by funkker on topic Re:CBSUBS compatibility with FORMS
yes I know what you saying Krileon.
My need is ... I need all members to have ability to use an form to contact me - I know there is not any other contact form in cbsubs than reg form but thats ok - I will use some form component like breezing forms. The prob is following: how Do I ( as admin) recognize who is sending form ...which member? The best way is prolly if form component ( like breezing forms) get that info from members profile. Question is: DOes somebody here know some form extension which works with cbsubs and is able to get member info from his profile and include it automatically to form ?

14 years 5 months ago #116754 by krileon
I see what you're saying. You want a form extensions that can grab CB fields and place them in the form so the user doesn't have to do it themselves. In that case I only know of one which is CB Contacts, but all it does is populate with their email address properly.

An actual form extension I can't advise on as I've not used any extensively enough to know their capabilities. I suggest contacting developers of such extensions or simply seeing if they have CB integration capability.

As far as CBSubs being compatible with it I don't see the CBSubs application here, what is CBSubs doing in all of this? Restricting the form?

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #116759 by funkker
Replied by funkker on topic Re:CBSUBS compatibility with FORMS
Hi Krileon,

thanks for answers. Yes you right cbsubs will allow certain forms to certain users - all member groups will have different forms with different purposes and different access.

YOu right ..thats exactly what I need some form that grab CB fields for a member and automatically place them to part of form so member doesnt have to fill those informations again...

I actuall know that forms I was checking ( breezing forms, chronoforms and rsforms) arent capable of this but I was hoping there might be some other 3rd party extension for CB or CBsubs that maybe done this with certain form....

Maybe now is also more clear why cbsubs looks expensive for me - because I dont need paid subscriptions - I need cbsubs only as access manager and access groups creator. Unfortunately I checked all other cheaper and free ACL and access control extensions and cbsubs is only one who dont hack joomla core, isnt that complicated as others and meet most of my requirements ...excapt price :-(...

Post edited by: funkker, at: 2009/11/12 21:43

14 years 5 months ago #116762 by krileon
CBSubs will be capable of limiting access to any extension, does not need to be developed for CBSubs or even for CB. I am not aware of any form extension that has CB integrated though, sorry. You can check extension forums for such extensions though to see if another user has developed a solution. An alternative is to make your own component.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn