Before Buying

14 years 5 months ago #117559 by rraine
Before Buying was created by rraine
I intend on buying CBSubs but have some questions prior to purchasing. I intend on creating a dating-type site and want to make the site primarily for men to search for women. I basically am looking to have the main site to be for men to use and a different registration for women. These are the primary functions that I am looking for:

1. When men pay for registration, and they browse profiles, only women's profiles display.

2. When women register, there will be no charge for their registration and have the ability for them to only search men's profiles.

3. Once registration is completed by either men or women, based on their gender, they will have different displays on the site. For example, when men login, they see a list of only females online somewhere on my site. I want some type of instant messaging system that notifies men when women want to chat. I currently have uddeIM installed, but this seems to be more like an e-mail type system. Do you have any recommendations of compatible plugins that will work with CBSubs for this type of instant chat type service?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 5 months ago #117575 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Before Buying
CBSubs will be capable of creaing your two different registrations. You will need two plans in order to do this; one plan being male and the other being female.

You could then create a male userlist and a female userlist. Protection the male userlist with the female plan and the female userlist with the male plan. That will give you the results you desire. To protect them you'll want to use CBSubs Content integration and us By URL Part protection.

I can't suggest anything for the instant messaging. I know there's one called One2One, but don't know how well it works; you're welcome to give it a shot and I do believe it's a commercial product.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 5 months ago #118266 by rraine
Replied by rraine on topic Re:Before Buying
I've made the purchase and I believe that this is exactly what I'm looking for. I need to know how to set the userlist restrictions, do you think that you could provide a little more detail on how to do this? I would greatly appreciate help on this.

14 years 5 months ago #118280 by krileon
rraine wrote:

I've made the purchase and I believe that this is exactly what I'm looking for. I need to know how to set the userlist restrictions, do you think that you could provide a little more detail on how to do this? I would greatly appreciate help on this.

Please see your documentation pertaining to CBSubs Content and By URL Part protection. ;)

You will need to protect the URL to the userlist.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118529 by muttata
Replied by muttata on topic Before Buying
Hi,

I am impressed with the number of features that CBsubs has - just what I am looking for. I am new to Joomla so bear with me as I ask some basic questions.

I am wanting to start a classifieds style site, and need the functionality of CBsubs. Is it possible to 'plug it in' to any existing Joomla site e.g. Almond classifieds, or is it only designed for use with CB? I don't need extensive CB functionality at this point, but can certainly use the functions of CBsubs.

Many thanks for your answers in advance.

C:-)

14 years 4 months ago #118547 by krileon
CBSubs is a CB plugin which means it requires CB installed in order for it to operate; no work around for this.

As far as working with your extension, don't know as I've not used that extension and do not know the extent of your needs.

However, CBSubs does offer url protection, folder protection, execution of queries, execution of code files, etc... there are many integrations available so using one of the pre-existing integrations should allow you to integrate your extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn