I have a question about compatiablity

14 years 4 months ago #118657 by virtualraven
I have a question about compatiablity was created by virtualraven
Hi there,

I have a client that needs 3 paid member levels and so we want to get the CBSubs with CB. We have a template and it says it is Joomla 1.5 and that I can install Community Builder from the developer page. However, I asked them about CB Subs and they didn't know that Joomla had a paid plug-in (or extention may be the word :)), so I have come to you. Can I use CBSubs with ANY template as long as it says I can use Joomla 1.5 and then I get the CB 1.2.1? CB Subs is just an extension off of CB, correct?

Thanks for your help---we are much impressed AND DAUNTED by all of the Joomla possibilities!

Here is the template I want to use--incase that matters: demo.rockettheme.com/ then the actual one is Jul 09 Affinity.

Yours,
Raven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118667 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:I have a question about compatiablity
Template will not affect how CBSubs functions, what necessary CSS is needed it adds it to your template automatically. In other words yes you can use your template(s) perfectly fine. Some have too much JS and cause conflicts so I would avoid JS heavy templates. CBSubs is a CB plugin, which is a Joomla extension. CBSubs requires CB to function and is installed via Plugin Management. Rockettheme templates tend to have issues due to the JS issue so I would be mindful of this when setting up your site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.372 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn