[SOLVED] Product requirements

14 years 4 months ago #118782 by villagesquare
[SOLVED] Product requirements was created by villagesquare
Hi CB,

My client has the following requirements and I would like to know if CBSubs would be a good solution:
  1. Paid for profiles for each business viewable by specific category or services offered
  2. Monthly subscriptions options (3,6,9,etc months)
  3. Paid for events on an integrated calendar offered by the buisnesses on specific dates i.e. 50% off Specials on the weekend
  4. Invoicing system for all of the above payments with activation options
  5. Google map intergration for location of business

I understand that maybe not all of these options would be possible for CBSubs and just want to find out how many of these options it could be a solution for.

Thanks for your time.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/10 16:04

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 months ago #118796 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Product requirements
  1. It's possible to create different "profile types" using CBSubs plans and the CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection integration. This would help create different paid profiles.
  2. This is already available, you'll have a wide range of durations you can set for your plans.
  3. This is not a part of CBSubs, but it might be possible to protect an event component (jEvents? etc...) using CBSubs By URL Part which is part of the CBSubs Content integration with a plan so a user must subscribe to gain access to the events.
  4. CBSubs already has built in Invoice display and the ability for users to easily print them at any time.
  5. Same as events, you'd need to use CBSubs By URL Part to protect the component, plugin, etc..

It's a lot of trial and error to get to your needs, but I do believe it will be possible in 1 way or another. Some of what you're wanting may not be doable in the sense you may like such as paid events. Having a subscription for EACH event maybe a bit overboard and instead perhaps have a subscription to access all events?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118806 by villagesquare
Replied by villagesquare on topic Re:Product requirements
Hi Krileon,

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately I have a few more questions for you.
  1. Will CBSubs be able to handle EFT (bank deposit) transactions? i.e. not necessarily approve them when they are paid, but have an approve button that can be clicked by the admin and skip the credit card payment facility altogether?
  2. Can we build our own custom payment gateways if we so require? We are based in South Africa and do not have "common" gateways.
  3. Can the payments system have custom code executed on approval events, similar to nBill? i.e. when a payment is approved for an advertised event, can that event then be "activated" via php etc?

Thank you for your time.

14 years 4 months ago #118809 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Product requirements
  1. CBSubs does not handle direct deposit type payments. You need a payment processor such as paypal, authorize.net, yellowpay (the 3 currently supported)... or can add additional payment processors once the API has released.
  2. Yes, but not at this time. The CBSubs API has not yet released. There is no release date as of yet.
  3. Yes, using the CBSubs URL integration plugin you will be able to execute a code file with a GET, POST, or XML request based on subscription status (activation, expiration, cancellation, renewal).

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/12/10 15:26

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 4 months ago #118812 by villagesquare
Replied by villagesquare on topic Re:Product requirements [Solved]
Thank you very much, I have a better understanding of your system now. This topic can be marked as solved.

Kind regards.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.380 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn